The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of World. Annual estimates and forecasts are provided for the period 2016 through 2024. Also, a five-year historic analysis is provided for these markets. Market data and analytics are derived from primary and secondary research.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for CNS Therapeutics in US$ Million by the following Product Groups:
The report profiles 162 companies including many key and niche players such as:
Amneal Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Eisai Co., Ltd.
Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Eli Lilly and Co.
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
Fabre-Kramer Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
H. Lundbeck A/S
Johnson & Johnson
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Purdue Pharma L.P.
Strides Shasun Limited
Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd.
Sunovion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Key Topics Covered:
1. INDUSTRY OVERVIEW CNS Therapeutics Exhibit Robust Opportunities amidst Rising Incidence of CNS Disorders List of FDA Approved CNS Drugs: 2015 through 2017 Patent Expiries of Major Drugs Exert Downward Pressure on the Global CNS Market Patent Expiries of Leading CNS Drugs: 2008-2022 Developed Markets to Maintain their Dominance Developing Market to Drive the Market Momentum
2. MARKET ANALYSIS BY THERAPEUTIC CATEGORIES Anti-Epilepsy Market Global Market Overview Disease Overview Treatment Anti-Epileptic Market (AEDs) by Drug Class: List of Drugs under Broad-Spectrum AEDs and Narrow-Spectrum AEDs Leading Anti-Epileptic Drugs Leading Anti-Epileptic Drugs and Their Mechanism of Action Patent Expiries of Major Anti-Epilepsy Drugs High Unmet Needs Offer Scope for Market Growth Select Currently Available Epilepsy Drugs Select Anti-Epilepsy Drugs (AEDs) in Phase III Trials Innovative Drugs Needed for Better Treatment Compliance Abounding Potential for NCEs Developed Countries Account for a Major Share of Epilepsy Treatment Developing Countries Struggle with Low Treatment Rates Refractory Childhood Epilepsy & Pregnancy Epilepsy Major Concerns Review of Anti-Epilepsy Drugs Vimpat Keppra Lamictal Tegretol Sabril Perampanel Zonegran Topamax Trileptal Neurontin Lyrica Depakine CNS Pain Management Market Overview Treatment Drugs Indicated for Pain Management Select Phase III Completed Studies for Cancer Pain Regional Overview Players Combination Therapies Gain Prominence Key Trends in Chronic Pain Management Minimally Invasive Procedures Gain Popularity for Chronic Back Pain Neuropathic Pain Management: Market with High Potential Select Phase III Completed Studies for Neuropathic Pain Migraine Market: A Core Vertical in CNS Pain Management Migraine Care: Select Patent Expiries (2013-2015) New Pain Management Drugs Recent Approvals in Pain Management: 2016-2017 Select Pain Management Drugs Flupirtine Lyrica Oxycodone Nucynta ER Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors (mGluRs) Anti-Alzheimer's Market Overview Treatment for Alzheimer's Select Leading Drugs for Alzheimer's Disease by Drug Category Patent Expiries of Leading Alzheimer's Drugs Drug Development Scenario for Alzheimer's Major Focus on Amyloid Targets Aducanumab A Promising Drug for Alzheimer's Disease Phase III Pipeline Drugs for Alzheimer's Disease Prevention Gains Increasing Attention Novel Treatment for Alzheimer's to Emerge Evolving Brain Imaging Technologies to Offer Early and Greater Accuracy A Review of Select Anti-Alzheimer's Drugs Aricept Exelon Reminyl Ebixa Namenda Anti-Inflammatory Drug, Ponstel, Displays Potential to Treat Alzheimers in Mice Anti-Parkinson's Market Overview Levodopa The Gold Standard for Parkinson's Treatment Xadago New Approved Add-On Therapy for Parkinson's Disease NUPLAZID The First and the Only Approved Drug for Psychosis related to Parkinson's disease MSDC-0160 A Potential Drug Undergoing Animal Studies Select Anti-Parkinson's Drugs Levodopa Dopamine Agonists Mirapex Requip Anti-Depressants Market Overview Anti-Depressant Treatment Low R&D Investments Restrict New Antidepressants Development Select Antidepressants Drugs Zoloft (Sertraline) Cymbalta Prozac (Fluoxetine) Effexor (Venlafaxine) Paxil Wellbutrin (Bupropion) Anti-Psychotics Market Overview Companies Focus on Next Generation Products to Deflect the Heat of Competition Leading Atypical Antipsychotics for the Treatment of Schizophrenia Promising Compounds in Clinical Development for the Treatment of Schizophrenia in Adults Select Anti-Psychotic Drugs Zyprexa Seroquel Abilify Clozaril Risperdal Risperdal Consta Geodon Invega Sustenna Saphris Latuda Other CNS Disorders (ADHD, MS, and Insomnia) Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Market Overview Approved Drugs for ADHD: 2017 Pipeline Drugs for ADHD: As of March 2017 Select ADHD Drugs Concerta Adderall Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Multiple Sclerosis Approved Therapies (Injectables) Multiple Sclerosis Approved Therapies (Oral) Patent Expiration Date/Year of the Major MS Drugs Ocrevus The First Approved Drug for Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (PPMS) Multiple Sclerosis: Pipeline Analysis Potential MS treatments, which are currently in Phase 3 Clinical Trials Potential MS treatments, which are currently in Phase 2 Clinical Trials Potential Treatment for Primary Progressive MS, which are in Phase 3 Potential Treatment for Primary Progressive MS, which are in Phase 2 Potential Treatment for Secondary Progressive MS, which are in Phase 3 Potential Treatment for Secondary Progressive MS, Which are in Phase 2 Insomnia Overview Zolpidem Eszopiclone
3. GROWTH DRIVERS & MARKET TRENDS Burgeoning Global Aging Populace, Longer Life Expectancy to Drive CNS Demand Increased Spending on Prescription Drugs Bodes Well for the CNS Therapeutics Market Rising Healthcare Expenditure to Boost CNS Therapeutics Market Growing Penetration of Generic Drugs Emerges as a Key Trait Developments in CNS Drug Delivery Technologies Bode Well for the CNS Drugs Market Understanding of BBB Cell Biology & Its Positive Impact on Epilepsy Drugs: A Case-in-Point Pharma Companies: Seeking New Tools to Offset Pressure on Drug Pipelines Awareness Campaigns Launched by Pharma Companies to Benefit the Market Music and Memory Programs Positively Impact Alzheimer's Disease (AD) and Related Dementia (ADRD) Patients New Method to Isolate Active Compounds Related to Alzheimers from Plant Medicines
4. PRODUCT OVERVIEW Definition Central Nervous System Mortality Threat of CNS Disorders Science of NMDA Receptors and its Disease Significance Major CNS Disorders: Alzheimer's Disease Alzheimer's Effect on Brain Causes for Alzheimer's Who Are at Risk? Prevalence of Alzheimer's Disease Diagnosis of Alzheimer's Parkinson's Disease Prevalence Symptoms Causes Diagnosis Epilepsy Symptoms of Epilepsy Types of Epilepsy and Epileptic Seizures Preventive Measures Treatment Options for Epilepsy Patients Treatment Options Available for Epilepsy Patients Epilepsy Drug Treatment Paradigm Pain Management Debilitating Effects of Pain Types of Pain Acute Pain Chronic Pain Migraine Neuropathic Pain Nociceptive Pain Anti-Psychotics Bipolar Disorder Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder Mood Episode A Major Symptom Manic Episode Vs Depressive Episode Causes of Bipolar Disorder Types of Bipolar Disorder Co-morbidities of Bipolar Disorder Schizophrenia Prevalence by Gender Symptoms of Schizophrenia Causes of Schizophrenia Therapies for Bipolar Disorder & Schizophrenia Mood Stabilizing Agents Antidepressants Antipsychotic Drugs Indications of Antipsychotics An Effective Adjunctive Therapy Off-label Uses Efficacy Marred by Lack of Evidence Base Types of Antipsychotics Difference between Typical and Atypical Atypical Antipsychotics Up Against Typicals Side Effects of Antipsychotics Symptoms of Antipsychotics Withdrawal Controversies Surrounding Antipsychotics Prohibited Practices Antipsychotics in Pregnant Women Depression Prevalence of Depression Causes of Depression Types of Depressive Disorders Available Treatment Tricyclic Antidepressants Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors Lithium Salts Working of Antidepressants Ranking of Antidepressants in Terms of Efficacy Types of Antidepressants NMDA Receptor Antagonists NMDA Receptor (NMDAR) NMDA Receptor Agonists Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitors Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) Workings of SSRIs Safety Levels of SSRI Drugs Adverse Effects of SSRI Serotonin Noradrenaline Reuptake Inhibitors (SNRIs) Others Common CNS Disorders Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Consequences of ADHD What Leads to ADHD? Treating ADHD Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Types of Multiple Sclerosis Prevalence of MS Causes of MS Myths Surrounding Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms of MS Diagnosis of MS Treatment Insomnia Prevalence of Insomnia Therapies for Insomnia
5. INNOVATIONS Scientists Discover New Epilepsy Drug in Fish Model A Smart Walking Stick for Parkinson's Patients New Technologies for Pain Management A Threat to Opiod Therapeutics Radiofrequency Ablation Device Omron Healthcare's HEAT Pain Pro TENS Device BurstDR Stimulation from St Jude Medical, Inc Virtual Reality from DeepStream VR ActiPatch from BioElectronics Corporation
6. PRODUCT INTRODUCTIONS/INNOVATIONS & R&D BREAKTHROUGHS Zydus Cadila's Anti-Depressant Drug Receives USFDA Approval Neurocrine's 80 mg INGREZZA Capsules gets FDA Approval Roche's OCREVUS gets Swiss Agency Approval Theranexus'S THN102 Drug Receives US Patent UCB's AED VIMPAT gets EU Approval for Paediatric Use UCB's AED BRIVIACT Receives Approval from FDA Dr Reddy's Unveils Anti-Depressant & Muscle Relaxant Drugs Sunovion Submits Drug Application to the FDA for Dasotraline Eisai Pharmaceuticals Unveils Anti-Epilepsy Drug Fycompa Eisai's Antiepileptic Drug gets Approval from FDA UCB's AED gets EU CHMP Positive Opinion on License Extension Prexton Unveils Phase II Clinical Testing of its Investigational Drug Candidate in PD BIAL Introduces New Treatment Opicapone for Parkinson's Disease Sunovion's Latuda Receives FDA Approval to Treat Bipolar Depression Alkermes gets FDA Approval for Two-Month ARISTADA Lundbeck & Otsuka's Brexpiprazole gets Approval from EMA Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma gets Import Drug License Approval from CFDA Minoryx's MIN-102 gets Orphan Drug Designation by FDA Sunovion's Latuda gets FDA Approval Tohoku University Introduces New Drug SAK3 FYCOMPA of Eisai Receives FDA Approval Proximagen Announces the Meeting of Primary Efficacy Endpoint for Midazolam Nasal Spray GW Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Results for Second Phase III Study of Epidiolex Daiichi Sankyo Reports Results of Two Pain Drugs Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Declares Topline Results for Lurasidone from a Phase 3 Study Ocrevus Receives FDA Approval FDA Scrutinizes Skin Reactions with Zecuity Sumatriptan Patch Zinbryta Receives FDA Approval for Treating Multiple Sclerosis Tecfidera Emerges as a First-line Treatment for Relapsing- remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS) GlaxoSmithKline Announces the Discontinuation of Retigabine ( Trobalt) EISAI'S BACE Inhibitor E2609 gets Fast Track Designation from FDA Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine Unveils NTRX-07 BIAL Introduces Opicapone iX Biopharma Unveils Next Drug BnoX Daiichi Sankyo & UCB Unveils Vimpat Tablets AstraZeneca & Lilly's AZD3293 gets FDA Fast Track Designation Eisai Introduces Fycompa (perampanel) Novartis Drug Afinitor gets EU Approval TG Therapeutics to Start Phase 2 Clinical Study of TG-1101 Acadia gets FDA Approval for the Nuplazid (pimavanserin) Drug AstraZeneca & Lilly's AZD3293 Continues into Phase III of the Phase II/III Seamless Trial Zambon S.p.A and Newron Unveils Xadago (safinamide) Lundbeck and Takeda gets CRL from FDA for Brintellix ( vortioxetine) sNDA Allergan Announces Availabilty of VRAYLAR in the US Otsuka's gets Approval for ABILIFY Zambon and Newron Unveils Xadago (safinamide) UCB gets EU Approval for New Epilepsy Drug BRIVIACT
7. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY Mylan Acquires Meda ProQR Splits Out Amylon Therapeutics for CNS Therapeutics Allergan Takes Over Lysosomal Therapeutics AstraZeneca Partners with Takeda Charles River Takes Over Brains On-Line Pairnomix Partners with StemoniX to Develop Epilepsy Model Accera Inks Partnership & Licensing Agreement with DuChemBioH H. Lundbeck A/S Inks Agreement with IBC Xenon Takes Over XEN1101 Bristol-Myers Squibb Inks Two Separate Agreement with Biogen & Roche Valeo Pharma Partners with Zambon Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Inks License Agreement with Bukwang Eisai Inks Agreement with Meiji Seika Pharma Actavis UK & Ireland Taken Over by Accord Healthcare Piramal Takes Over Mallinckrodt Ataxion Takes Over Luc Therapeutics Otsuka to Take Over Neurovance nLife Partners with wave life sciences EISAI Inks Marketing and Distribution Agreement with Orion Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Takes Over Tolero Zydus Cadila Takes Over Sentynl Takeda Partners with Ovid Lilly toTake Over CoLucid Aurobindo Pharma Takes Over Generis Genkyotex Merges with Genticel Eisai Inks Agreement with Keio University Evotec Partners with Celgene AstraZeneca Inks Agreement with Lilly Takeda and Lightstone Introduces Cerevance Pacira Partners with GeneAlign Allergan Takes Over Chase Pharmaceuticals Synapcell Partners with University of Utah BlackThorn Therapeutics to Develop Novel Evotec Partners with UCB Ligand Enters License Agreement with Seelos Therapeutics Takeda Partners with Affilogic Riemser Takes Over CNS Portfolio from Dolorgiet OPKO Takes Over Transition Therapeutics, Inc Sunovion to Take Over Cynapsus Therapeutics Boehringer Ingelheim Partners with Saniona Denali Partners with F-star Modular Antibody Technology Scintilla Takes Over Semnur Pharmaceuticals Pfizer Takes Over Bamboo Therapeutics Pfizer Partners with IBM Lupin Acquires 21 Branded Drugs from Shionogi Teva Takes Over Actavis Generics Chronos Takes Over Pre-clinical Programmes from Shire Otsuka & IBM Inks Agreement to Establish Otsuka Digital Health Aspen Inks Agreement with AstraZeneca AB and AstraZeneca UK Merck Acquires Afferent Pharmaceuticals Centrexion Takes Over three Analgesic Candidates from Boehringer Ingelheim Reset Partners with Alkermes Zambon & Newron Pharmaceuticals Expands its Market Eisai Inks Agreement with Esteve Upsher-Smith Partners with Saniona Acorda Agrees to Take Over Biotie Therapies Eisai Inks Agreement with Sysmex UCB Inks Agreement with Baylor College GTCR Partners with Ed Fiorentino Boehringer Ingelheim Inks Agreement with Arena PsychoGenics Partners with ADDF Takeda Inks Agreement with NsGene
8. FOCUS ON SELECT GLOBAL PLAYERS
9. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
Total Companies Profiled: 162 (including Divisions/Subsidiaries 183)