LONDON, October 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Platform provides marketers and communicators with the power to make intelligent, real-time decisions in a unified way across earned, paid and owned channels
This new offering is the first of its kind in the UK and European communications industry to bring the power of the cloud to earned media and incorporates many of Cision's award-winning technologies, including Gorkana and PR Newswire products and services, into a single integrated platform, providing an effective way to connect, scale and accurately measure the impact of earned media communications.
To view the Multimedia News Release, please click:
Jeremy Thompson, CEO (EMEA & India), Cision/PR Newswire, said: "At Cision, we appreciate that PRs and communicators are busier than ever before, as the power and importance of reputation grows. We have set out to help our users assert control by integrating the essential communications data sets and tools they need at their fingertips in one place."
"Cloud technology enables us to do that and, just as cloud platforms have transformed sales, marketing and other functions, Cision is now bringing the power of the cloud to communications and earned media."
The Cision Communication Cloud includes harmonised features to connect clients with an ecosystem of partners, data, content, measurement and strategic services, including the ability to:
- Listen to media channels for brand mentions, competitive activity and tending topics that will inspire compelling content with insights covering over two million daily news stories internationally across online, print, broadcast and social channels.
- Target and build relationships with media and influencers that fuel stories and inspire targeted audiences to take action in real-time. New technology and data science combine to create an advanced source of over 1.6 million media contacts, outlets and editorial opportunities.
- Create an effective earned media and content strategy by combining your talent with Cision's team of industry experts who will deliver insights, strategy, best practices and hands-on help in delivering high-impact communications.
- Engage the right audiences by sharing your stories and earned media across channels to achieve better results. Amplify the impact of your paid and owned media channels with earned media as part of a holistic customer relationship strategy via the world's largest and #1 most trusted content distribution network.
- Analyse the data that will guide strategy with customisable charts and a 360-degree view that connects the dots between traditional and digital media channels, and attributes the revenue impact of your programs.
Thompson added: "Cision - with its acquisitions of Gorkana and PR Newswire - is the one business with the investment, scale and expertise to bring a product like this to market in the earned media space."
"A lot of different products exist to do different parts of the job that marketers and communicators need - from data, distribution, monitoring, analysis and message delivery. But, as Cision, we can do the whole job and do it better than anyone else."
According to global research and advisory firm Outsell Inc, 81 percent of senior marketers rank earned media as more or equally effective as paid media, and the power to drive business results is shifting to the communicators.
Consumers are continuing to place trust in online influencers and simultaneously tuning out brand advertising, leading companies to increasingly look for ways to harness the power of earned media, influencer relationships and content marketing.
The capabilities of the Cision Communication Cloud are intended to allow communicators to build rewarding relationships with the audiences that matter the most, understand trends in conversation and leverage buyer and influencer communities to drive customer behaviour.
Kevin Akeroyd, Cision global CEO, said: "The heroes of the communication department are using intelligence and real-time decisions to orchestrate their strategies. Through the Cision Communication Cloud, we will enable communication and marketing executives to align with their peers to more effectively manage this complex challenge and enable organizations to drive growth."
Akeroyd added: "This is the new era of communications, where earned media becomes more scalable and effective through an automated and data-driven approach. Integrating earned with paid and owned channels in one platform is what makes this so different than what's been done before."
The Cision Communication Cloud focuses not only on the execution of communication strategies, but also on usability and functionality based on extensive user feedback. Its next-generation user interface gives communicators superior control and intuitively anticipates the way communications professionals work. Quick searching, fluid navigation and stunning analytical visualisations maximise effectiveness.
"Harnessing the power of earned media is now a critical need of marketers, since ad fatigue has set in among certain audience segments," said Randy Giusto, VP and Lead Analyst at Outsell. "Marketing organisations will seek tools that can scale across their needs, from brand listening and content management to customer engagement and attribution."
To learn more about the Cision Communication Cloud™, click here.
Cision is a leading media communication technology and analytics company that enables marketers and communicators to effectively manage their earned media programs in coordination with paid and owned channels to drive business impact. As the creator of the Cision Communication Cloud™, the first-of-its-kind earned media cloud-based platform, Cision has combined cutting-edge data, analytics, technology and services into a unified communication ecosystem that brands can use to build consistent, meaningful and enduring relationships with influencers and buyers in order to amplify their marketplace influence. Cision solutions also include market-leading media technologies such as PR Newswire, Gorkana, PRWeb, Help a Reporter Out (HARO) and iContact. Headquartered in Chicago, Cision serves over 100,000 customers in 170 countries and 40 languages worldwide, and maintains offices in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Latin America and Australia. For more information, visit http://www.cision.com or follow @Cision on Twitter.
SOURCE Cision UK