- Company completes senior management team for European region
- Continental Europe and functional leaders appointed
LONDON, Jan. 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Chubb today announced a number of appointments with immediate effect, completing the line-up of its new European leadership team. This follows the recent appointments, previously announced:
- Andrew Kendrick: Senior Vice President, Chubb Group and Regional President, Europe.
- Jalil Rehman: Executive Vice President and Chief Business Operations Officer, Europe.
- Matthew Shaw: Executive Vice President, Europe and Division President, Chubb Global Markets.
- David Robinson: Executive Vice President, Europe and Division President, UK and Ireland. In addition, reporting to David Robinson:
- Phil Sharpe: Chief Operating Officer for Chubb's UK and Ireland Property and Casualty business; and
- Jeremy Miles: Head of Distribution UK and Ireland.
- Drazen Jaksic: Senior Vice President, Accident and Health for Chubb in Europe and Eurasia and Africa.
- Rahim Firozali: General Manager for Combined in Europe.
Chris Eappariello: Chief Marketing Officer and Senior Vice President, Personal Lines. Chris will continue to oversee Specialty Personal Lines in Europe as part of his international role, reporting to Darryl Page, Vice President, Chubb Group and Division President, Personal Lines for Chubb's Overseas General Insurance division.
Simon Mobey: Senior Vice President, International Personal Risk Services for Chubb's Overseas General Insurance division. Also reporting to Darryl Page, Simon will continue to manage the company's European High Net Worth business as part of his international role, working closely with Jalil Rehman in respect of Europe.
All of the above and following positions will report to Andrew Kendrick, Senior Vice President, Chubb Group and Regional President, Europe, unless otherwise stated.
Continental Europe leadership team
- Jeff Moghrabi will serve as Division President, Continental Europe. Formerly Regional President, Continental Europe at ACE, Jeff will continue to have responsibility for the company's property and casualty, accident and health and consumer lines operations across Chubb's 16 countries in the region. Jeff will report to Andrew Kendrick.
- Steven Reiss will serve as Chief Operating Officer in Continental Europe. Steve will report to Jeff Moghrabi. Formerly Chief Operating Officer for ACE in Continental Europe, Steve will continue to have specific responsibility for the performance and development of business lines as well as the sales and distribution function in the region.
Jeff and Steve will continue to be based in Chubb's Continental Europe headquarters in Paris.
European functional leadership team
- Mark Hammond will serve as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Europe for Chubb. Formerly Chief Financial Officer for ACE European Group, Mark will have overall responsibility for finance including financial accounting and reporting, financial planning and analysis, actuarial, tax, and treasury.
- In addition, Simon Wood will serve as Deputy Chief Financial Officer, Europe, reporting to Mark Hammond. Simon was formerly Chief Financial Officer for Chubb in Europe.
- Mark McCausland will serve as Chief Risk Officer, Europe. Formerly Chief Risk Officer for ACE European Group, Mark will be responsible for supporting the Board and executive management in assessing, mitigating and managing risks across Chubb's regional operations as well as leading its regional capital modelling work.
- Darragh Gray will serve as Director of Communications and Marketing, Europe. Formerly Director of Communications and Marketing for ACE European Group, Darragh will be responsible for Chubb's marketing, public relations, corporate and internal communications in the region.
The following roles will be based in London and will report to Jalil Rehman with immediate effect:
- Peter Murray will serve as Director of Claims, Europe. Formerly Director of Claims at ACE European Group, Peter will lead Chubb's wholesale, retail, property and casualty and consumer claims operation across the region, ensuring it anticipates and responds to customer needs.
- Ashley Mullins will serve as General Counsel, Europe. Formerly Deputy General Counsel for ACE European Group, Ashley will oversee the company's legal, compliance and company secretary functions in the region.
- Lisa Skeels and Richard Cross will lead the human resources function for Chubb in Europe. Lisa, formerly Senior Vice President of Human Resources for Europe at Chubb, will have responsibility for employee relations, resourcing, learning and development, talent management and management information. Richard, formerly Human Resources Director for Consumer Lines, Claims and Operations for ACE in Europe, will be responsible for leading all people integration activity for Europe as well as the compensation and benefits function for the region.
- Eileen Castolene will serve as Director of Operations, Europe. Formerly Vice President of Global Operations for ACE, Eileen will have responsibility for the company's regional operations including customer relations, policy servicing, facilities, procurement, change management and business continuity.
- Max Gibbs will serve as Chief Information Officer, Europe. Formerly Chief Information Officer for ACE European Group, Max will have responsibility for the technology function in the region, including strategy and delivery of information management, innovation and system solutions to support the company's continued development.
Functional leaders will also continue to provide support for the company's Eurasia and Africa region.
Andrew Kendrick, Senior Vice President, Chubb Group and Regional President, Europe, said:
"This is a group of true leaders, highly regarded insurance professionals with a wealth of experience and proven track records. Their knowledge and experience will be instrumental in ensuring the successful integration and ongoing success and growth of Chubb in Europe. Together, we will help bring to life for our brokers, partners and clients in Europe exactly what our new company stands for: superior underwriting, superior service and superior execution."
Jalil Rehman, Executive Vice President and Chief Business Operations Officer, Europe said:
"When we launched our new brand we talked about the craft of insurance. Our European leadership is indeed a team of craftsmen, personifying the ideas of excellence, constant improvement and can-do attitude. With our combined experience and skills, we look to the future with optimism and stand ready to deliver the service and solutions our customers expect and deserve."
"Bert van der Vossen, formerly Continental Europe Manager for legacy Chubb, has decided to leave the company at the end of May and will continue to support the team on the integration process until then. Bert leaves with our best wishes for the future and our sincere thanks for his dedicated service to Chubb over a distinguished 26 year career with the company."
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurance company. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally. Parent company Chubb Limited is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide. Additional information can be found at: new.chubb.com.