DUBLIN, Mar. 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "China Hospital Industry Report,2016-2020" report to their offering.
In recent years, "Opinions on Promoting the Development of Health Service Industry" and other related policies, the people's growing awareness of health care and the acceleration of population aging have prompted the rapid development of China's hospital industry. As of October 2016, there had been a total of 28,584 hospitals in China, an increase of 7,666 compared with that in 2010. It is estimated that Chinese hospitals gained the revenue of RMB2,708 billion in 2016, soaring 163.3% over 2010.
Chinese medical insurance system has been gradually perfect and medical resources have swelled radically, laying the foundation for the healthy and orderly development of the hospital industry. As of the end of 2015, a total of 666 million Chinese people had enjoyed urban basic medical insurance and 670 million people had held new rural cooperative medical insurance, marking the full coverage of medical insurance.
At the same time, the national medical and health institutions had offered 7.015 million beds, namely 5.11 beds for per thousand population. According to Circular on Accelerating the Construction of Health and Old-age Service Project, medical and health institutions should provide 6 beds for per thousand population (including inpatients) averagely by 2020.
iven by the reform of public hospitals and other policies, China has set off a wave of social capital inrush to the medical industry and witnessed an upsurge in the number of private hospitals. By the end of October 2016, there had been 15,798 private hospitals in China, accounting for 55.3% of the total hospitals. However, the revenue of private hospitals is less than 10% of the total hospital revenue. In the forthcoming years, Chinese private hospitals will grow by leaps and bounds, with the number registering 20,262 and the revenue reporting RMB639.6 billion by 2020.
Specialized hospitals need low investment costs but trigger high return on investment; coupled with the robust demand, they have attracted the fanatical investment of social capital. Private hospitals occupy more than 65% of Chinese specialized hospitals. In recent years, the revenue of Chinese specialized hospitals has been growing at around 20%; the current revenue exceeds RMB300 billion.
Among specialized hospitals, ophthalmic hospitals, stomatological hospitals as well as orthopedics & beauty hospitals enjoy exceedingly high profitability, with the profit margin of above 10%. For instance, Aier Eye Hospital, the nation's largest chain ophthalmic institution - boasts over 100 stores in the country and serves more than 3 million outpatients annually; in the first half of 2016, the company achieved the revenue of RMB1.92 billion, the net income of RMB280 million and the net profit margin of 14.6%.
The report highlights the following:
- Overview of China hospital industry, including number of hospitals, revenue, medical services, competition pattern, forecast and prospect, etc.;
- Status quo of specialized hospitals in China, including overview, analysis on specialized hospitals of all sorts, summary and forecast;
- Overview of Chinese medical insurance system, embracing status quo and development trend;
- Investment in China hospital industry, including related policies, comparison between public and private hospitals, investment of social capital, development directions and business models of foreign-funded hospitals;
- Operation, hospital industry layout, development forecast, etc. of 15 enterprises.
- Aier Eye Hospital Group
- Beijing Meizhong Jiahe Hospital Management
- Concord Medical Services Holdings Limited
- Guizhou Yibai Pharmaceutical
- Inner Mongolia Furui Medical Science
- Jiangnan Mould & Plastic Technology
- Jinling Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Kangmei Pharmaceutical
- Mayinglong Pharm
- Phoenix Healthcare Group
- Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical (Group)
- Shinva Medical Instrument
- TC Medical
- Wuhan Jianmin Pharmaceutical Groups Corp.
- Xi'an International Medical Investment Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pv7t24/china_hospital
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets