DUBLIN, Dec. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets
(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5ft7zn/china_chemical) has announced the addition of the "China Chemical Pharmaceutical Industry Report, 2013-2016" report to their offering.
Chemical pharmaceutical consists mainly of chemical drug preparation and active pharmaceutical ingredient (API), and the gross margin of chemical drug preparation industry is generally higher than that of the API over the same period. In 2013, China chemical drug preparation industry and and China API industry recorded revenue of RMB 573.1 billion and RMB 382 billion, with gross margin of 35%-40% and 20%, respectively.
China is a big producer of chemical APIs, capable of producing about 1,600 varieties of APIs. China ranks first worldwide in output of several bulk APIs including penicillins, vitamins and antipyretic analgesics, and holds a significant share of the featured APIs like statins, prils, sartans in the world. China produced 2.709 million tons of chemical APIs in 2013.
Although China is the world's leading chemical APIs supply region, the concentration of China chemical APIs industry is rather low due to numerous categories of APIs and limited overall strength of domestic enterprises, which occupy an important place only in single or a few categories of pharmaceuticals market. In addition, under the pressure of both environmental protection and industrial upgrading, many large APIs companies in the country are transforming into drug preparation companies through means such as R&D and acquisitions.
North China Pharmaceutical Group Corp. (NCPC) and Northeast Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd. are major suppliers of antibiotic and VC APIs in China, with supply of VS reaching around 20,000 tons each. In 2013, the two companies' total revenue from APIs and their revenue from drug preparation business reached RMB 5.695 billion and RMB 3.871 billion, respectively.
Zhejiang Medicine Co., Ltd. and Zhejiang NHU Co., Ltd. are the leading manufacturers of VE products around the globe, with raw materials (vital ingredients for the production of VE are limited raw materials: isophytol and trimethylhydroquinone) for VE being produced by themselves. However, the two companies' development is constrained due to a weak global demand for VE, of which Zhejiang Medicine reported revenue of RMB 4.915 billion from pharmaceutical business (APIs+ preparation), down 6.3% year on year.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Overview of Chemical Pharmaceutical Industry
2. Development of Global Chemical Pharmaceutical Industry
3. Development of China Chemical Pharmaceutical Industry
4. China Chemical Pharmaceutical Market Segments
5. Key Chinese Chemical APIs Manufacturers
6. Key Chinese Chemical Preparation Manufacturers
7. Conclusion and Forecast
- China Resources Double-Crane Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Hainan Haiyao Co., Ltd.
- Harbin Pharm. Group Sanjing Pharmaceutical Shareholding Co., Ltd.
- Huaren Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Humanwell Healthcare (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Nhwa Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Livzon Pharmaceutical Group Inc.
- North China Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Northeast Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Xinhua Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Hepalink Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Tianjin Tianyao Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd.
- Xizang Haisco Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd.
- Zhejiang Hisun Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Zhejiang Huahai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Zhejiang Medicine Co., Ltd.
- Zhejiang NHU Co., Ltd.
- Zhejiang Xianju Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5ft7zn/china_chemical
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets