ROMSEY, England, June 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
See PREFIX at Eurosatory, Paris, Hall 5 K 447
Chemring Technology Solutions today launches PREFIX, a wideband electronic warfare (EW) survey system which is the first system in the world to automatically classify electronic signals to detect threats and direction find (DF) in real time.
PREFIX delivers immediate situation awareness to the dismounted operator. Integrated into Chemring Technology Solutions' award-winning RESOLVE manpack, PREFIX enables the operator to rapidly interpret the electronic picture, prioritise signals of interest and automatically geo-locate and track on a map.
Threat pictures are developed in real time, automatically classifying signals so that threats are quickly identified, reducing the task burden for operators while allowing them to maintain tactical awareness.
PREFIX provides highly accurate DF in real time across the active 40MHz spectrum and, when networked, will provide geolocation solutions across the communications band. Even low probability of intercept signals, such as frequency hoppers and short duration signals, can be geo-located using the historic position fix data.
A single RESOLVE manpack sensor can be rapidly fitted to a vehicle with PREFIX, enabling highly accurate running-fix geolocation solutions, particularly important in high multipath environments such as complex urban areas. CESMO compatible, PREFIX can contribute and receive data from coalition partners operating in the Land, Sea and Air domains, critical for combined missions.
Gavin O'Connell, Business Sector Manager at Chemring Technology Solutions, said: "PREFIX is another example of how we are focused on delivering ever more flexible EW capabilities. It offers the next step in being able to counter the next generation of threats - as opposed to simply addressing current in-theatre environments. Now integrated into the RESOLVE manpack system, PREFIX delivers complete mission flexibility for both mounted and dismounted operations."
About Chemring Technology Solutions
Chemring Technology Solutions, based in Hampshire and Dorset, is the principal electronics research and development centre of Chemring Group. Comprising of Roke Manor Research Ltd and Chemring EOD Ltd, Chemring Technology Solutions is one of the UK's leading suppliers of innovative solutions, product development and contract R&D. With more than 400 patents, it has a heritage of pioneering developments in electronic sensors, networks and communications technology. http://www.chemringts.com/
About Chemring Group http://www.chemring.co.uk
- Chemring is a global business that specialises in the manufacture of high technology products and services to the aerospace, defence and security markets
- Employing more than 3,500 people worldwide, and with production facilities in four countries, Chemring meets the needs of customers in more than fifty countries worldwide
- Chemring is now organised under three strategic product segments: Countermeasures, Sensors & Electronics, and Energetic Systems
- Chemring has a diverse portfolio of products that deliver high reliability solutions to protect people, platforms, mission and information against constantly changing threats
- Operating in niche markets and with strong investment in R&D, Chemring has the agility to rapidly react to urgent customer needs
SOURCE Chemring Technology Solutions