OTTAWA, February 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Enhances capacity planning and Ethernet services visualization
CENX unveiled Release 5 of the company's flagship Service Orchestration software solution, CENX Ethernet Lifecycle Manager. Release 5 delivers enhanced Utilization Management, which enables network planning teams to use extensive analytics to identify network hot spots and under-utilized capacity, maximize network efficiency, and forecast timing of CAPEX investment. CENX Ethernet Lifecycle Manager 5 also delivers scalable small cell support, thereby providing a common Service Orchestration solution to support large scale deployments of both microcell and macrocell technologies. With Release 5, service providers can reduce OPEX and defer CAPEX through improved capacity planning, improve the customer experience, and easily support and manage additional Ethernet topologies such as small cell, Ethernet Over SONET and microwave.
- CENX Ethernet Lifecycle Manager 5 features new capabilities designed to reduce OPEX, defer CAPEX, and easily support and manage small cells as part of their Ethernet transport services.
- The enhanced Utilization Analytics module enables service providers to more effectively manage bandwidth utilization across their network. CENX Ethernet Lifecycle Manager 5 correlates network data and utilization statistics and identifies capacity congestion points at a per-UNI, per-NNI and per Ethernet Virtual Circuit (EVC) basis. It can also identify under-utilized segments of your network, thereby enabling you to more effectively optimize OPEX expenses.
- Release 5 brings support for new topologies including small cell, Ethernet Over SONET, and microwave, allowing service providers to manage fault, capacity, and performance in a single end-to-end view across a wider range of Ethernet topology types.
- Release 5 features improved vertical scalability to support more than 100,000 microcell and macrocell sites, and enhanced horizontal scalability, thereby providing a future-proof Service Orchestration solution.
- CENX Ethernet Lifecycle Manager 5 is expected to be available in Q2 2014.
CENX President and CEO
"Global service providers tell us that millions of dollars are spent each year on premature capacity upgrades," said Ed Ogonek, CENX President and CEO. "CENX Ethernet Lifecycle Manager 5 gives network planning teams the tools to invest in precise capacity and performance enhancements based on what is needed, and when it is required. Our support for small cell showcases the scalability and future-proof value of the CENX solution as a common Ethernet transport Services Orchestration platform."
- Cisco predicts that mobile data traffic will increase 13-fold between 2012 and 2017. Mobile data traffic will grow at a CAGR of 66 percent between 2012 and 2017, reaching 11.2 exabytes per month by 2017. This highlights the need for better aligning network capacity timing and CAPEX investment.
- Infonetics expects a cumulative $3.6 billion to be spent worldwide on outdoor small cell backhaul equipment between 2013 to 2017. Deployments of outdoor small cells will be driven largely by mobile operators' needs to enhance saturated macrocellular networks in urban, high-traffic areas and improve the mobile broadband experience.
About CENX Ethernet Lifecycle Manager
- CENX Ethernet Lifecycle Manager is the industry's only software and services solution focused on automating the orchestration of Carrier Ethernet transport services for mobile backhaul, cloud data center Ethernet exchanges, and Ethernet access providers in today's networks and next generation software-defined networks.
- At the core of the CENX solution is a services-centric information model that brings together data from existing operational support systems, network elements and other disparate sources. The CENX solution applies big data analytics and automation to audit, unify and correlate these fragmented data inputs into actionable services intelligence. It provides end-to-end visualization of Ethernet services, including off-net services, provided by third party alternate access providers.
- CENX Ethernet Lifecycle Manager features software and services modules that deliver tangible business results including 70%+ improvement in inventory accuracy, 80%+ reduction in services turn-up time, and an estimated 20%+ improvement in operations savings.
Meet with CENX at Mobile World Congress on February 24-27 in Barcelona, Spain.
Hospitality Suite 2J12 - Hall 2
CENX provides Service Orchestration solutions for Ethernet transport in today's IP networks and new generation Software-Defined Networks. We bring the power of Web 2.0, automation and big data analytics to visualize Ethernet transport services, and orchestrate service delivery across multiple operator networks. With CENX, service providers and cloud exchange providers can accelerate time to revenue, visualize services end-to-end, and assure inter-carrier performance - across the entire Ethernet lifecycle. http://www.cenx.com
For further information:
Zonic Group PR
CENX, Ethernet transport services, Service Orchestration, Carrier Ethernet, Software Defined Networks, Ethernet Lifecycle Manager, mobile backhaul, cloud data centers, Ethernet access
Download our white paper
How Does Inter-Carrier Service Orchestration Deliver Optimal Customer Experiences?