STOKE, England, Aug. 6, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Portsmouth FC supporters will find new favourites alongside plenty of traditional stadium classics when the season gets underway at Fratton Park.
Centerplate, the club's new stadium kiosk catering partner, will welcome fans with a range of new food and beverage options to enhance the matchday experience for all.
"We are delighted to be working in partnership with Centerplate to enhance the stadium food and beverage offering for our supporters," said Anna Mitchell, Pompey's head of sponsorship and commercial partnerships. "We have been working closely with Centerplate to upgrade our menu and improve the speed of service, which will create a higher quality, more convenient matchday experience for our exceptional fans."
The new culinary offerings and enhancements being introduced on the concourse by Centerplate as part of the long-term, multi-million pound partnership are:
- Enhanced Football Classics – Centerplate is introducing a high-quality pork hot dog, a new burger and better ingredients for the steak & ale, Balti and cheese & onion pies.
- Speedier Service – the number of service locations will increase with additional service points and staff so we can meet the needs of the fans more efficiently.
- Beer service points will be increased and we will be introducing Portsmouth FC's own lager – Belhaven Pompey, alongside Greene King IPA and Strongbow cider.
- More Portsmouth Pride – All Centerplate team members will be issued with 'Portsmouth blue' uniforms and all menu boards will feature club branding.
- Service with a Smile – Centerplate will implement its effective 'Centerplate University' e-based learning portal, which puts the emphasis on gracious service alongside job task training.
Centerplate has promoted Gill Rimell, a highly-experienced hospitality professional to lead the Public Catering operation at Portsmouth FC. Rimell has worked for Centerplate for 15 years and previously ran food service operations at Oxford and Brentford, having also worked at other Centerplate venues including Millwall and Watford.
"We really can't wait to open up the new season at such a great stadium, on a site with such a rich history and local tradition," said Centerplate's UK Vice President of Operations Jeff Tandberg. "We have designed upgraded menu items, provided additional service locations and enhanced training for our team – all to make it even better to be at Fratton Park on a match day."
Centerplate is a world-class leader in live event hospitality, "Making It Better To Be There®" for more than 115 million guests each year at more than 350 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America, Europe and the United Kingdom with bespoke hospitality solutions which enhance value and brand connections and promote local identity. Each year, the company serves more than 115 million guests at premier events ranging from Premier League matches to Royal functions. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com, www.centerplate.co.uk or connect via Twitter @centerplate or Facebook /centerplate.