LONDON, December 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
METAXA lights up the longest night of the year!
All across the Northern Hemisphere friendship moments come alive with METAXA on December 21, 2011. Vibrant and decidedly original, METAXA injects its unparalleled smoothness to make the longest night of the year a whole lot brighter and much more fun.
To view the Multimedia News Release, please click:
Infuse your winter evenings with a splash from the sun and put a sparkle into the longest night of the year - with METAXA. Make this Winter Solstice (December 21) a night to remember for you and your friends. Let METAXA bring the optimism of the sun and chase away the cold winter blues.
On the evenings leading up to this Winter Solstice, your favourite METAXA cocktails will take you on a journey that lights up your night. The Suntonic long drink will refresh you after a busy day, the Hot Sun winter warmer will give you a relaxing après-ski feeling, and the heavenly Brown Sugar shot will take you shooting straight for the sun. And to complement your drink add the original and vibrant METAXA Sunball, which will release a touch of sun with every sip of METAXA.
Join METAXA at one of its hot spots dotted across the Northern Hemisphere to soak some sun into the evenings leading to this Winter Solstice:
- Dive into the festive spirit as METAXA lights up one of Europe's biggest Christmas markets "Plaisirs d'hiver" in Brussels, Belgium. While there, drop by the Ethnic Bar to enjoy a great crowd and METAXA on the evening of the Winter Solstice.
- METAXA takes centre stage in Prague, bringing the sun to every inspired bar and nightclub session. At the Zapa Bar ask for Vladia's signature cocktail that literally sets METAXA on fire!
- Enjoy the METAXA Hot Sun in après-ski moments on the snow-capped peaks of Austria, Switzerland, Germany, the Russian Ural region or even at Greece's leading ski resorts, such as Gerontovrachos.
- Celebrate the longest evening of the year with your glass of METAXA accompanied by one of the most breathtaking views in the world: that of the Acropolis as seen from the Orizontes restaurant on Mount Lycabettus.
- Shoot for the sun with Brown Sugar in London, Amsterdam, Berlin, St. Petersbourg, Riga or Helsinki. Ask your favourite barstar to treat you to the shot that you'll never forget!
- If you are out in Montauk, NY enjoying the freedom of a day surfing on the cold waves of the Atlantic, drop by the legendary Memory Motel where the Rolling Stones used to stay, and ask for your METAXA 7 Stars après-surf warmer.
- Another selection of extremely selective venues invites you to celebrate the Winter Solstice with METAXA. Among them, the prestigious Loft lounge in Bucharest, the GB bar at the Hotel Grande Bretagne in Athens and the delightful Lebensstern bar in Berlin. Hundreds of venues to celebrate the longest evening of year.
If you prefer the cosiness of home, enjoy the longest evening of the year with friends and prepare your own sun-kissed drink in a flash.
- For shot lovers, the Brown Sugar subtly combines the smoothness of METAXA with delicious espresso coffee, brown sugar and the freshness of orange. Slice a nice, juicy orange and cover the slices with brown sugar and espresso coffee. Pour METAXA 7 Stars into a shot glass. Bite into the orange slice, take the shot of METAXA and embrace the explosion of flavours.
- Enjoy the winter festive feel with a METAXA Hot Sun warmer: METAXA, cinnamon and apple. First, lightly heat natural apple juice and pour it in your favourite mug. Fill about 2/3 high. Add 4cl of METAXA 5 Stars and garnish with a cinnamon stick and a slice of apple. Looks and tastes sublime.
METAXA celebrates the Winter Solstice and raises temperatures on the longest night of the year. Hold onto every precious moment of this extra long evening as METAXA ignites the party.
METAXA 5 Stars
METAXA 5 Stars is a beautifully balanced marriage of fine wine distillates matured up to five years in oak casks and of Muscat wines from the Aegean islands. Dark honey in colour, with floral, fruity aromas and elegant oak notes.
METAXA 5 Stars is perfect on its own or at the heart of delicious cocktails and long drinks.
METAXA 7 Stars
METAXA 7 Stars is the premium expression of the METAXA style, featuring longer-aged Muscat wines from the Aegean Islands and the finest wine distillates matured up to seven years in oak casks. Old gold in colour, it reveals delicate aromas of Muscat and soft vanilla, followed by full, balanced flavours.
METAXA 7 Stars is best enjoyed neat or with ice. Also, as a shot with Brown Sugar.
About the House of Metaxa
METAXA was founded in 1888 by Spyros Metaxa, a man of taste and a natural risk-taker. In 1888, METAXA set out to start where other spirits had stopped. In a league of its own, METAXA is the smoothest spirit under the sun, thanks to its Muscat wines from the Aegean islands. METAXA is the only international spirit to bring together fine aged wine distillates and these intensely aromatic Muscat wines. Smooth, aromatic and endlessly versatile, METAXA brings a touch of sun into the heart of your long drinks and cocktails.
All METAXA cocktail recipes are available at http://www.metaxa.com
METAXA: Touch the sun!
Please enjoy responsibly
SOURCE Metaxa/Remy Cointreau