HANGZHOU, China, Jan. 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- CBME China, the world's largest sourcing event for children, baby and maternity products released its latest report on China's children baby maternity products industry. 3,808 valid responses were received from 1,330 brand owners, 1,294 distributors and 1,184 retailers across China. 57% are business owners and senior managers, 83% are C-level executives.
CBME China Children Baby Maternity Products Industry Report (2014 edition) provides detailed information regarding China's children and baby products industry. Key industry players disclosed their confidence in the industry, current and expected sales revenue, expansion plans, concerns and expectations for the industry.
Key findings of the report as follows:
High Confidence and High Anticipated Growth for the Industry: 67% of companies expect growth over 20% in sales revenue in 2014.
China's children, baby and maternity products industry continues to grow. 86% surveyed companies expect growth in sales revenue and 67% of the companies think they will have over 20% growth in sales revenue. Most of industry players are very confident with the industry. 64% rated eight or more. The forecast growth is still exciting for the industry.
Brand Owners: Expanding towards East and South China with Baby Products Store Remaining as Key Distribution Channel
- Brand owners continue to expand their business in East and South China, respectively. They are also exploring opportunities in third to fifth-tier cities as competition in first and second-tier cities intensify and more international brands enter China. Distributors and retailers share the same insight.
- Baby Products Store is the most lucrative sales channel for brand owners. 37% brands generated over 60% of their total sales from baby products store. 43% brand owners will continue to focus future expansion in this channel.
- Brand owners want "Feedback from in-store promotions team" and "Cooperation in promotion" from both distributors and retailers. They also need the distributors' cooperation in maintaining brand image and retailers' support in gathering consumer feedback as part of the business support going forward.
Distributors: Increase in Product Categories, Direct Involvement in Retail, Looking into Tier Three to Five Cities
- 46% distributors are planning to increase business by expanding product categories
- 27% wants to expand distribution channels
- 49% plans to expand to tier-three to five cities
- Distributors' much-needed support from brand owners are "Training on product knowledge and selling techniques" and "After-sales service". For retailers, they ask for "More cooperation in promotion" and "Consumer feedback collection".
Retailers: Cross-City expansion, Baby/Children Clothing taking over FMCG as highest source of revenue
- 35% of retailers have plans of expanding their stores across cities or provinces within one year.
- Large chain stores will slow down expansion (opening of stores), but will focus more on developing their own brand products. Competition for retailers will increase as other industry retailers are entering this market.
- Baby and children clothing has replaced FMCG as highest gross sales in retail stores in 2014. Together with "Baby care products", retailers have identified these two categories as highest sources of revenue. Thus, driving retailers to tag them with "Planning to increase display area".
- Top three support retailers need from brand owners and distributors are "Training on product knowledge and selling techniques", "Promotion" and "Product flyers".
Complete copy of the report is available by request to CBME China team. Email email@example.com for more information.
For press enquiries, please contact:
Louise Kathryn Yu
Tel: (+852) 2585-6101
About Children Baby Maternity Industry Expo (CBME China) www.cbmexpo.com/en
Held annually in Shanghai, CBME China is the world's largest sourcing event for baby, children and maternity products. This is the perfect venue for you to meet buyers, manufacturers, distributors and suppliers in the industry.
SOURCE UBM China