HANGZHOU, China, Dec. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CBME China, the world's largest sourcing event for children, baby and maternity products, released the latest Consumer Report on China's Children Baby Maternity Products Industry.
Respondents comprised of 3,360 expectant mothers and mothers of babies under three years old from key cities in China covering Beijing, Chengdu, Changchun, Guangzhou, Kunming, Nanjing, Shanghai and Wulumuqi. The report looks at consumer spending across baby/child growth, taking into consideration the mom's age as well.
The report reveals the latest trends and factors affecting general consumer purchase behavior. Key findings of the report as follows:
China's Children Baby Products Market Remains Highly Lucrative with High Consumer Spending Potential and Relaxed One-child Policy
- Average monthly spend on babies amounted to RMB1,056. (Approximately 11-13% of total monthly family income, 10.2% growth from 2013). The growth of disposable income will drive up the family purchasing power.
- 43% of respondents considering having a second baby in the coming two years. The relaxation of China's one-child policy will further extend market demands in children, baby and maternity products.
Children Baby Maternity Products Store Remains the Most Preferred Purchasing Channel
- Children baby maternity products store is the most preferred purchasing channel in both 2013 and 2014 reports, but with it gains higher popularity in 2014.
- Top reasons cited for shopping in-store: "Assurance of quality," "Full product range," "Products are clearly categorized" and "Good shopping environment"
- Additional services that will draw more shoppers to children baby maternity products stores include "Baby Swimming Facility," "Kids Entertainment Area," "Product Trial" and "Lectures on Raising Kids."
- "Cheaper price," "Convenience," "Delivery service" and "Time Saving" are the top reasons why some consumers prefer to shop online.
"Safety," "Material/Comfort," "Friends' referral" are Factors that Highly Affect Purchase Decisions
- "Safety" and "Material/Comfort" are two factors ranking high for consumers when making a purchase. "Brand" has less influence in consumers' purchase decision this year.
- When choosing baby formula and baby food, "Safety," "Nutritional benefits" and "Organic" are top three factors influencing purchase. When it comes to strollers, car seats, furniture and toys, "Function" is ranks high, while "Style" is the primary consideration for toys, and clothing.
- "Eco-friendliness" ranks higher in 2014 versus last year, indicating consumers are now more environmentally conscious.
- "Friends' referral" instead of the Internet ranks #1 as the channel where consumers learn about children baby products in 2014. But it can differ from city to city.
Complete copy of the research report is available by request to CBME China team. Email email@example.com for more information.
For press enquiries, please contact:
Louise Kathryn Yu
Tel: (+852) 2585 6101
About Children Baby Maternity Industry Expo (CBME China) www.cbmexpo.com/en
Held annually in Shanghai, CBME China is the world's largest sourcing event for baby, children and maternity products. This is the perfect venue for you to meet buyers, manufacturers, distributors and suppliers in the industry.
About UBM Asia www.ubmasia.com
Owned by UBM plc listed on the London Stock Exchange, UBM Asia is Asia's leading exhibition organiser and the biggest commercial organiser in mainland China, India and Malaysia. Established with its headquarters in Hong Kong and subsidiary companies across Asia and in the US, UBM Asia has a strong global network of 30 offices and 1,300 staff in 24 major cities. We operate in 20 market sectors with 230 exhibitions and conferences, 23 trade publications, 20 online products for over 1,000,000 quality exhibitors, visitors, conference delegates, advertisers and subscribers from all over the world.
About UBM plc www.ubm.com
UBM plc is a leading global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online and in print. Our 5,000 staff in more than 20 countries are organised into specialist teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
SOURCE UBM China