HYDERABAD, India and BOSTON, July 18, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Carrageenan is a major ingredient in the food industry, owing to its gelling, thickening and stabilising properties. It has a wide array of applications in both dairy and meat products. The substance is extracted from red algae, and it has been used in food for centuries now. The commonly used sources for carrageenan are Gigartina, Chondrus, Iridaea, Eucheuma. Carrageenans are used in food applications such as dairy and meat products; they are used in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry as well.
The global carrageenan market was worth USD 762.35 million as of 2016. Carrageenan occupies a 13.3% share in the global food & beverage hydrocolloids market.
There are three types of carrageenans, based on the number of Sulphates per disaccharide, namely, Kappa Carrageenan (one Sulphate), Iota Carrageenan (two Sulphates) and Lambda Carrageenan (three Sulphates). Kappa is the most used carrageenan, as it acts as a stabiliser, emulsifier and bodying agent in cheese, chocolate, ice cream, and puddings. Iota is used for ready-to-eat meals. Lambda is used for whipped cream. The food grade carrageenan is often mentioned as E407 or E407a in processed food ingredients, meaning it has processed seaweed. In a few products, carrageenan is mentioned as a dietary fibre.
World carrageenan production exceeded 56,000 tonnes in 2013, and it has been growing ever since, with a very competitive market in Argentina, Canada, Chile, Denmark, France, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Portugal, North Korea, South Korea, Spain, Russia and the United States. Recently, it was considered to be unsafe since it causes intestinal inflammation. However, new research has now discovered that these products are safe and fit for human consumption. This is expected to boost the market of carrageenan as a thickener and emulsifier in various processed foods. The carrageenan market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period.
Browse this report: Global Carrageenan Market - Trends and Forecasts: (2017 - 2022)
The report can answer the following questions:
1. What is the global (North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific) consumption value, unit price for the carrageenan market?
2. Who are the global key producers of carrageenan? How are their company profiles (market share, recent developments, financials and strategies)?
3. What are the types of and applications for carrageenan? What is the market share of each type and application?
4. What are the different sources of seaweed that are used in the production of carrageenan? What is the market share of each type?
5. Recent developments and trends of carrageenan in the market.
6. What are the forecasted size and the growth rates for the carrageenan market for 2022?
7. What are the key factors driving the global carrageenan market?
8. What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the carrageenan market?
9. What are the key factors restraining the growth of the carrageenan market?
10.What are the future opportunities of the carrageenan market?
Objective of Studies:
1. To provide a detailed analysis of the market structure, along with the forecast of the various segments and sub-segments of the global carrageenan market.
2. To provide insights about factors affecting the market growth. To analyse the carrageenan market based on various factors - supply chain analysis, porters five force analysis, etc.
3. To provide historical data and forecast revenue of the market segments and sub-segments with respect to four main geographical regions and their countries - North America, Europe, Asia-pacific and Africa.
4. To provide country-level analysis of the market with respect to the current market size and prospects.
5. To provide country-level analysis of the market for segmentation by application, product type and the respective sub-segments.
6. To provide strategic profiling of key players in the market, comprehensively analysing their core competencies, and drawing a competitive landscape for the market.
7. To track and analyse competitive developments such as joint ventures, strategic alliances, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and R&D in the global carrageenan market.
Spanning over 160 pages "Global Carrageenan Market (2017 - 2022)" The report covers Industry Overview of the Global Carrageenan Market, Analysis of Drivers for Carrageenan Market, Analysis of Restraints for Carrageenan Market, Analysis of Opportunities for Carrageenan Market, Porter's Analysis of Carrageenan Market, Major Companies that Produce Carrageenan, Global Consumption, Revenue by Regions, Types and Applications, Global and Major Regions Growth Carrageenan Market, 2012-2017, Consumption Value, Supply Chain Analysis of Carrageenan Market, Key Development and Trend Analysis of Carrageenan Market.
About Mordor Intelligence
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and business advisory firm. The company operates in the business of industry analysis & consulting, in over 16 verticals. In today's fast-paced and competitive business environment, every customer has unique information requirements. Having understood this, Mordor offers custom market intelligence and advisory services along with syndicated reports, to help them gain an edge over the competition. The company has successfully catered to over 500 (40% of fortune 500) clients since 2013.
5th Floor, Brigade Towers, Financial District,
Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
Phone: Asia Pacific: +91-9700500900
North America: +617-765-2493 Ext. 900
SOURCE Mordor Intelligence