The Newest Addition To The Franchise Launches With An All-New, Action-Packed Gameplay Experience That Sees The Candy Crush World Go 3D For The First Time In Its History
- Candy Crush Friends Saga is now available to download and play worldwide from the Apple App Store, Google Play and Windows App Store
- The new game features a dynamic gameplay experience, introducing innovative 3D visuals, exciting features and new game modes
- For the first time in franchise history, the 3D characters play an integral role in the new game, helping players beat tricky blockers with their powers
- The new 3D world and characters in Candy Crush Friends Saga will be unveiled at a massive event in New York City, projecting live gameplay on a record-breaking scale
NEW YORK, Oct. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- King, a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world and creators of one of the world's most popular gaming franchises, Candy Crush, today launches its sweetest game to date - Candy Crush Friends Saga.
Now available to download and play worldwide from the Apple App Store, Google Play and Windows App Store, Candy Crush Friends Saga introduces players to a delicious, new 3D world where they will discover the latest features as they take on tasty new challenges around the Candy Kingdom. Players can also look forward to daily rewards and lots of sweet treats! These range from new characters, custom-designed outfits to dress them in, and boosters.
For the first time in the history of the franchise, the 3D characters play an integral role in the new game, helping players to beat those tricky levels with their unique powers. As players collect more of their favorite candies, the characters' powers are activated, and they strategically throw boosters onto the game board to help you achieve sweet success. Now with rich backstories, each character has its own quirky personality and a set of tasty dance moves. They are your selfless teammates cheering you on and celebrating your successes - making this game sweeter than ever!
"We are very excited to officially launch Candy Crush Friends Saga - our sweetest game yet!" says Sebastian Knutsson, Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer at King. "We're still so surprised and humbled by the success of the Candy Crush franchise. With each iteration, our teams work hard to innovate so that we can offer players a fresh new gaming experience. With Candy Crush Friends Saga, we wanted to immerse players in the game like never before and we feel that bringing the characters and their world to life in 3D will do just that. We hope people enjoy playing the game as much as we did making it!"
To celebrate the game's release, Candy Crush Friends Saga will be unveiled at a world record-breaking event in New York City. Candy Crush Friends LIVE brings to life the new 3D world, characters and new game modes at the world's largest 3D projection mapping show in New York City. Tickets are free but limited and available at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/candy-crush-friends-live-tickets-50730215440.
The game launches with 380 delicious levels, and a range of challenging new game modes including:
- Free the Octopuses: Save the Octopuses from being stuck in the game board by making matches next to them to remove layers until they are freed
- Find the Animals: Save the animals which are hidden beneath ice tiles by making matches on top of them to crack the ice
- Spread the Jam: Spread jam across the board, covering as many tiles as possible
- Dunk the Cookies: Switch and match candies strategically to move the cookies until they dunk into the chocolate at the bottom of the board
- Collect the Hearts: Fill the heart shaped moulds to collect the hearts
For more information, please visit: Candycrushfriendssaga.com
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. It had 270 million monthly active users as of second quarter 2018 across web, social and mobile platforms, and has developed more than 200 exclusive games that are enjoyed all around the world through its king.com, Facebook, and mobile distribution platforms such as the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, Microsoft Windows App Store and Amazon Appstore. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI) in February 2016. King has game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona, Berlin and Seattle, along with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Malta, Tokyo, and Bucharest.
© 2018 King.com Ltd. King, the King crown logo, Candy Crush Friends Saga and related marks are trademarks of King.com Ltd and/or related entities.
SOURCE King Games