New Solutions Offer Wireless ISPs higher throughput, higher spectral efficiency and affordable Wi-Fi access solutions to propel service provider business growth opportunities
ROLLING MEADOWS, Illinois, Sept. 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Cambium Networks, a leading global provider of wireless networking solutions, today announced new wireless broadband connectivity solutions to improve the opportunities for Wireless ISPs. Each of the solutions will be demonstrated at the annual Wireless Internet Service Provider Association (WISPA) conference and trade show October 8 - 12 in Las Vegas.
"Our wireless fabric of connectivity solutions makes network expansion easy, affordable and reliable for Wireless ISPs," said Atul Bhatnagar, President and CEO, Cambium Networks. "Our solutions enable WISPs to provide cost effective connectivity to business and residential customers. This year, we are launching the new cnRanger™ Fixed LTE; ePMP™ 3000 Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) point-to-multipoint solution; and our support of the FCC's Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) using shared access spectrum (SAS) technology, anchored by the introduction of the 3 GHz PMP 450m. The 3 GHz PMP 450m leverages Cambium Networks pioneering cnMedusa™ technology to provide Massive MU-MIMO capabilities, enabling denser network deployments with a 3x improvement in network capacity. These three solutions will provide WISPs more options to choose the solution that best meets their business case."
"These new Intelligent Edge connectivity solutions fortify the ease of deployment and overall network resiliency while providing additional network flexibility to service providers and network operators. Intelligence at the edge also enables a broader range of services to their customers at greater distance and faster speeds," said Scott Imhoff, Senior Vice President of Product Management and Marketing. "They enable high-speed cloud access to devices, sensors and controls in dense urban areas and remote locations."
Connectivity solutions to be demonstrated include:
- New ePMP™ 3000 Wireless multipoint distribution networks with MU-MIMO technology supports peak throughput of 1.2 Gbps in the 4.910-5.970 GHz bands.
- New cnRanger™ Fixed LTE operates in the 2.3 and 2.5 GHz spectrum, bands 38, 40 and 41; substantially increase range and coverage while reducing cost and complexity typically associated with LTE networks.
- New PMP 450m with cnMedusa Massive MU-MIMO technology available in the 3 GHz licensed band with triple the capacity of a PMP 450i system.
- New Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) support with integrated Shared Access Spectrum (SAS) services via the PMP 450 platform.
- Wireless backhaul and licensed microwave links including the PTP 550 offering 1.4 Gbps throughput through the use of non-adjacent asymmetric channel aggregation.
- Indoor and outdoor 802.11ac Wi-Fi access networks with cnPIlot™ access points and the new e430 wall plate designed for multi-dwelling units and e700 for 802.11ac Wave 2 outdoor networks.
- Cloud-based end-to-end management with the cnMaestro system.
Cambium Networks events at WISPAPALOOZA include:
- Technical Certification training
- Oct 06-08 – PTP 820 Licensed Microwave Installation and Administration
- Oct 07-08 – PMP 450 Certification Training
- A free Open House event Monday, October 08
- Exhibit booth #635 Oct 09-11
About Cambium Networks
Cambium Networks is a leading global provider of wireless connectivity solutions that strengthen connections between people, places and things. Specializing in providing an end-to-end wireless fabric of reliable, scalable, secure, cloud-managed platforms that perform under demanding conditions, Cambium Networks empowers service providers and enterprise, industrial and government network operators to build intelligent edge connectivity. Team members also contribute to social responsibility activities to serve the communities in which they live. Headquartered outside Chicago and with R&D centers in the U.S., U.K. and India, Cambium Networks sells through a range of trusted global distributors. www.cambiumnetworks.com
SOURCE Cambium Networks