NAPERVILLE, Illinios and LONDON, Jan. 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Calamos Investments®*, a globally diversified investment management firm, released its quarterly Global Economic Review and Outlook. The outlook, titled "Navigating the Oil Slick," provides the firm's views on the current economic environment and discusses factors that may affect the global markets and investing opportunities and risks. Calamos invites you to read the entire January 2015 Global Economic Review and Outlook at www.calamos.com/outlook.
Topics include the firm's following beliefs:
- GDP growth for 2015 is likely to be 2.0%-2.5% globally and 2.5%-3.0% in the U.S.
- Oil prices may fall further but are likely to stabilize over the next several months
- The ECB is likely to ramp up QE in the first quarter
- These next months are likely to be volatile, but equities have more room to run
- Low corporate borrowing costs and high dividend yields should encourage continued M&A and buyback activity, providing support to equity valuations
- With the U.S. in the middle innings of the recovery, the case for secular and cyclical growth
Calamos Investments is a diversified global investment firm offering innovative investment strategies including equity, fixed income, convertible and alternative investments. The firm offers strategies through separately managed portfolios, mutual funds, closed-end funds, private funds, an exchange traded fund and UCITS funds. Clients include major corporations, pension funds, endowments, foundations and individuals, as well as the financial advisors and consultants who serve them. Headquartered in the Chicago metropolitan area, the firm also has offices in London and New York.
For more information, please visit www.calamos.com.
This material is distributed for informational purposes only.
The opinions referenced are as of the date of publication and are subject to change due to changes in the market or economic conditions and may not necessarily come to pass. Information contained herein is for informational purposes only and should not be considered investment advice.
*Calamos Investments LLC, referred to herein as Calamos Investments®, is a financial services company offering such services through its subsidiaries: Calamos Advisors LLC, Calamos Wealth Management LLC, Calamos Investments LLP and Calamos Financial Services LLC.
SOURCE Calamos Advisors LLC