NAPERVILLE, Illinois, USA and LONDON, United Kingdom, April 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Calamos Investments®*, a globally diversified investment management firm, released its quarterly Global Economic Review and Outlook. The outlook, titled "Fed Patience Likely to Continue Through Year End," provides the firm's views on the current economic environment and discusses factors that may affect the global markets and investing opportunities and risks. Calamos invites you to read the entire April 2015 Global Economic Review and Outlook at www.calamos.com/outlook.
Topics include the firm's following beliefs:
- Soft economic data, low inflation, and a strong dollar will cause the Fed to delay hiking U.S. short-term rates until late 2015, at the earliest
- Global and U.S. GDP will grow by 2.0-2.5% for 2015
- Accommodative monetary policy, M&A activity, and share buybacks will help stocks advance further
- In the U.S., the environment is reminiscent of the growth regime of 1995-1999
- Outside the U.S., equity valuations are also attractive, with earnings surprises and economic data contributing to improvements in sentiment
- In a slow-growth environment with slowly rising interest rates, convertible securities provide a compelling way to pursue equity upside with potentially reduced downside
Calamos Investments is a diversified global investment firm offering innovative investment strategies including equity, fixed income, convertible and alternative investments. The firm offers strategies through separately managed portfolios, mutual funds, closed-end funds, private funds, an exchange traded fund and UCITS funds. Clients include major corporations, pension funds, endowments, foundations and individuals, as well as the financial advisors and consultants who serve them. Headquartered in the Chicago metropolitan area, the firm also has offices in London and New York.
For more information, please visit www.calamos.com.
This material is distributed for informational purposes only.
The opinions referenced are as of the date of publication and are subject to change due to changes in the market or economic conditions and may not necessarily come to pass. Information contained herein is for informational purposes only and should not be considered investment advice.
*Calamos Investments LLC, referred to herein as Calamos Investments®, is a financial services company offering such services through its subsidiaries: Calamos Advisors LLC, Calamos Wealth Management LLC, Calamos Investments LLP and Calamos Financial Services LLC.
SOURCE Calamos Advisors LLC