LONDON, October 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- This release is relevant to England, Wales and Scotland only -
This week is Big Energy Week (22nd - 27th October) and British Gas, Britain's biggest supplier of gas and electricity, is helping UK households to reduce their energy use and cut their bills, by making their homes more efficient.
With over eight million lofts inadequately insulated and nearly seven million cavity walls unfilled there are still many households who can benefit from insulation.*
British Gas' insulation is free and absolutely anyone can apply for it - even if they're not a British Gas customer. It's worth up to £1000, including materials and labour, and could save households hundreds of pounds each year. People can call us now and book a free survey. And if they are over 70 or on eligible benefits, there's no need to worry about clearing out the loft because we can help with that too. The offer is available until 30th November 2012.
How insulating your home could reduce your energy bills
- £1 in every £4 spent on heating our homes is wasted because of poor insulation.
- Loft insulation could save the average household £175 annually on its energy bill and cavity wall insulation could save up to £135 each year.
- Since 2008, British Gas has helped over one million households cut their energy bills by installing free insulation.
Ian Peters, Managing Director of Energy at British Gas, commented:
"£1 in every £4 spent on heating our homes is wasted because of poor insulation. We're calling on the nation to take advantage of our free cavity wall and loft insulation, to keep their homes warmer this winter and keep their energy bills down."
British Gas has a number of customers who have recently had their homes insulated. Please contact us if you would like to us to arrange the following:
- Phone interviews
- Filming in a customer's home
* Research from DECC http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cms/news/stat_ins_jan12/stat_ins_jan12.aspx
SOURCE British Gas