AMSTERDAM, May 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Bridgewater Systems (http://www.bridgewatersystems.com) (TSX: BWC), the intelligent broadband controls company, today announced that the company has joined the MultiService Forum (MSF) and will participate as a Silver level sponsor in the first-ever MSF/GSMA VoLTE (Voice over LTE) Interoperability Event in September 2011. Participation in this 2011 event follows Bridgewater's successful participation at the 2010 Global MSF LTE Interoperability event, and showcases the company's leadership and commitment to LTE interoperability.
- Backed by the GSMA as part of its VoLTE initiative, the event will be hosted by MSF and mobile operators Vodafone and China Mobile in the Vodafone Test and Innovation Centre in Dusseldorf, Germany, and the China Mobile Research Institute Laboratory in Beijing, China.
- Bridgewater's intelligent broadband control solutions, including Bridgewater Policy Controller/PCRF ( http://www.bridgewatersystems.com/Policy-Controller.aspx) and Bridgewater Home Subscriber Server (HSS) ( http://www.bridgewatersystems.com/Home-Subscriber-Server.aspx), will be part of this interoperability showcase at both locations in Dusseldorf and Beijing.
- A key objective of the testing is to validate the GSMA's technical recommendations for IMS-based VoLTE. Test scenarios include VoLTE basic interoperability, roaming and interconnection, non-LTE Access to EPC (e.g. GERAN/UTRAN), handover/relocation and Self Organizing Networks (SON).
- Bridgewater's participation in the 2011 event follows the company's successful participation at the Global MSF LTE Interoperability Event in March 2010, where Bridgewater:
- Demonstrated successful interoperability with numerous network equipment vendors. For a list of participants, see: http://www.msforum.org/interoperability/LTE.shtml
- Set up the first end-to-end LTE data session using real network elements and commercial data cards
David Sharpley, Senior Vice President, Bridgewater Systems
"As a member of MSF, Bridgewater's participation in this prestigious 2011 event reflects our commitment to LTE interoperability. We already offer the broadest set of LTE control plane interoperability with major equipment vendors, which ensures our customers can leverage a multi-vendor LTE deployment strategy. Our participation in this global event will ensure Bridgewater remains at the forefront of LTE interoperability as new services such as VoLTE are developed, piloted and launched."
Kyu-Ouk Lee, MSF President
"The MSF VoLTE Interoperability event reflects the MSF's commitment to carrier-driven interoperability events that validate key emerging standards and technologies, including key network interfaces that ensure multi-vendor deployment strategies for LTE/EPC/IMS technology. We are delighted that Bridgewater is participating at the 2011 event."
About the MSF
The MultiService Forum (http://www.msforum.org) is a global association of service providers, system suppliers and test equipment vendors committed to developing and promoting open-architecture, multiservice Next Generation Networks. Founded in 1998, the MSF is an open-membership organization comprised of the world's leading telecommunications companies. The MSF's activities include developing Implementation Agreements, promoting worldwide compatibility and interoperability of network elements, and encouraging input to appropriate national and international standards bodies. VoLTE vendors GENBAND, Huawei and ZTE sponsor the MSF Interoperability event. To learn more about the MSF VoLTE IOT and find out how to participate in this event please visit the VoLTE webpage at http://www.msforum.org/interoperability/VoLTE.shtml.
About Bridgewater Systems
Bridgewater Systems, the leader in intelligent broadband controls, provides pre-integrated solutions for mobile and converged operators to transform their networks, optimize mobile data growth, and innovate with new services. The Bridgewater portfolio of carrier-grade products includes Service Controller (AAA), Policy Controller (PCRF) and Home Subscriber Server (HSS), anchored by a common identity and device management system. More than 150 leading service providers worldwide leverage Bridgewater to create and deliver profitable services to consumer, enterprise, cloud and machine markets. For more information, visit us at http://www.bridgewatersystems.com.
Bridgewater Systems is a Bronze Sponsor at LTE World Summit, May 17-19, 2011.
Bridgewater, Bridgewater Systems, the Bridgewater Systems logo, WideSpan, Smart Caps, myPolicy, and Subscriber Data Broker are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bridgewater Systems Corporation. All other company, product names and any registered and unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the exclusive property of their respective owners.
Tags / Keywords
Bridgewater Systems, LTE, VoLTE, Voice over LTE, MSF, MultiService Forum, Next Generation Networks, GSMA, IOT, Home Subscriber Server, HSS, Policy Controller, PCRF, LTE World Summit
SOURCE Bridgewater Systems