THE HAGUE, The Netherlands, May 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Invitation to the 18th Congress of EHA - European Hematology Association
The Board of the European Hematology Association (EHA) has the pleasure to cordially invite you, as a member of the press, to the 18th Congress of EHA.
About the EHA Annual Congress
Hematology is a specialty that covers everything to do with blood: its origin in the bone marrow, diseases of blood and their treatments. The latest data on research and development within the spectrum of hematology will be presented. The Congress is aimed at health professionals in the field of hematology. The scientific topics range from stem cell physiology and development, to leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma - diagnosis and treatment; red blood cells -, white blood cells- and platelet disorders; thrombosis and bleeding disorders such as hemophilia and blood transfusion and stem cell transplantation.
Press Briefing: Friday, June 14, 2013 from 08:30 - 10:00 CET.
The press briefing will take place in Hall C5 at the Stockholmsmässan.
Topics will include:
- Breakthroughs in the understanding of the biology of childhood leukemias;
- New approaches in the treatment of lymphoma/leukemia, with small molecules;
- Age and aging in blood disorders;
- Breakthroughs in the treatment of multiple myeloma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia;
- New means to prevent iron overload;
- New insights in the biology and treatment of myeloproliferative neoplasms.
A number of sessions in the Congress program will be dedicated to more general health care issues such as:
- The Advocacy track that will address Personalized Medicine from different perspectives;
- The joint symposium, organized with the American Society of Hematology that will cover the topic Delivering health care in the era of economic crisis.
- The interactive joint session for hematologists and patients, compiled in collaboration with the European School of Haematology, that will deal with the question: What do you mean, I can't have the treatment?
The complete scientific program of the 18th Congress can be found here
The complete press program and releases can be found here
Registration for members of the press is free. To receive your personal link for the online registration, please send an e-mail with your request and media credentials to email@example.com. The Congress Media Guidelines are available here
SOURCE European Hematology Association