Register for the World's Leading Information Security Event by November 5 to Save €200 on Briefings Pass
Black Hat Europe 2015 Student Scholarship Applications Due This Friday, October 16
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Black Hat, the world's leading family of information security events, highlights the full schedule for Black Hat Europe 2015. Packed with 10 deeply technical, hands-on Trainings, more than 40 Briefings covering the very latest attack and defense research, a blockbuster keynote by Haroon Meer and more than 30 live tools and demos in the Black Hat Arsenal – attendees will experience one of the most robust lineups in the show's history. Black Hat Europe will run November 10-13, 2015 at the Amsterdam RAI in Amsterdam, Netherlands. For the full schedule and to start building your onsite itinerary, visit: blackhat.com/eu-15/schedule.html.
What's Hot this Year?
Black Hat Europe Keynote (Thursday, November 12)
Haroon Meer, international security researcher and founder of applied research company, Thinkst, will take the stage to present, "What Got Us Here Won't Get Us There," (a riff on Marshall Goldsmith's best seller, What Got You Here Won't Get You There). Meer will dissect the difficult question of why despite growing security budgets and larger InfoSec teams we are still struggling to solve problems we've "known about" since the 90s.
Black Hat Briefings (Thursday and Friday, November 12-13)
The infamous Black Hat Briefings – the main talks - are packed with the very latest InfoSec research the industry has to offer. This year, the brightest regional and international minds will expose vulnerabilities and remediation techniques on everything from self-driving cars and mobile technology, to banking networks, critical international infrastructure and everything in between. To see the full lineup of Briefings announced so far, visit: blackhat.com/eu-15/briefings.html.
Black Hat Trainings (Tuesday and Wednesday, November 10-11)
Kicking off the week, attendees will have the opportunity to participate in any of the 10 deeply technical and hands-on Training sessions offered at Black Hat Europe 2015. These separate Trainings cover everything from penetration testing and infrastructure hacking to OSINT for social engineers and even the latest in incident response. For more information and to sign-up for the Training(s) of your choice before they sell out, visit: blackhat.com/eu-15/training/.
Black Hat Special Events + Offerings
- Black Hat Arsenal (Thursday and Friday, November 12-13) Back in Amsterdam and bigger than ever (more than double the size of 2014!), this open source tool and demo area boasts a solid list of independent researchers ready to show off their latest weapons live. From Android application attacks and exploits of injection flaws, to collaborative pentesting and open source forensic evidence collection – the Arsenal is packed with live tools. For the full demo lineup, visit: blackhat.com/eu-15/arsenal.html.
- Black Hat Student Scholarships: Proudly being offered in Europe for the second year, the Black Hat Student Scholarship Program is a way to introduce the next generation of security professionals to the Black Hat community. A limited number of complimentary Academic Passes will be awarded to student applicants for Black Hat Europe 2015. Qualified students may submit applications by Friday, October 16, 2015. For more information and requirements, visit: blackhat.com/eu-15/student-scholarship-program.html.
Expanded Black Hat Business Hall (Thursday and Friday, November 12-13)
This year the Business Hall is action-packed, featuring the industry's top companies and their latest technologies and solutions as well as expanded learning, career and networking activities for 2015. For the first time, renown security site, Dark Reading, will be presenting two separate tracks of content for attendees including: Threats Trends Program (Nov. 12) and Career Trends Program (Nov. 13). Panoply, a popular network assessment/defense competition is also making its debut this year, among many other opportunities for engagement and fun throughout the Hall. For more information on the happenings of the Business Hall and Black Europe 2015 sponsors, visit: blackhat.com/eu-15/event-sponsors.html.
Top Sponsors of Black Hat Europe 2015 include: Diamond Sponsors: Cylance and Design SHIFT; Platinum Sponsors: EIT Digital - Action Lines PST and CLD, Palo Alto Networks and SecureAuth; and Gold Sponsors: Checkmarx, Exabeam, Fortinet, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Imperva, Proofpoint, Qualys, Rapid7, and Veracode.
Future Black Hat Dates and Events
- Black Hat Europe 2015, Amsterdam RAI, Amsterdam, NL, November 10-13, 2015
- Black Hat Executive Summit 2015, Omni Montelucia Resort, Scottsdale, AZ, December 8-10, 2015
- Black Hat Asia 2016, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore, March 29 – April 1, 2016
- Black Hat USA 2016, Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, Nevada, July 30 – August 4, 2016
About Black Hat
For more than 18 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia, and are produced by UBM Tech. More information is available at: blackhat.com.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech engages technology professionals live and online through its world-class brands, including Black Hat, InformationWeek, Enterprise Connect, Game Developers Conference (GDC), Dark Reading, HDI, GTEC, Network Computing and Interop. We're dedicated to fostering real engagement by creating environments where the technology industry can make connections, share insights, and network effectively. UBM Tech is the only media company that delivers large-scale industry events, leading online brands and content marketing services serving the Enterprise IT, Information Security, Game Development, Enterprise Communications and Technical Services and Support communities. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. For more information, go to
SOURCE UBM Tech