-- World's Leading Information Security Event Supports Community by Awarding 60 Student Scholarships to Up and Coming Security Professionals
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Black Hat, the world's leading family of information security events, announced the results of Black Hat Europe 2014, the fourteenth year of the show. Last week Black Hat Europe welcomed more than 1,000 of the most renowned security experts in the world, representing 68 different countries. From Oct. 14-17, the brightest in academia, world-class researchers and leaders in the public and private sectors filled the halls at the Amsterdam RAI, breaking the attendance record – with a 50 percent increase over the 2013 show. The event featured 65 of the industry's top experts across 50 cutting edge Briefings, and eight deeply technical hands-on Trainings. For more information including news out of the event and to download available whitepapers and presentations, please visit: http://blackhat.com/eu-14/.
The distinguished Black Hat Review Board for Europe, made up of 16 of the security industry's most respected experts, reviewed more submissions this year than any year prior. In addition to the intensive Briefings schedule, some highlights of the show included:
- The Black Hat Arsenal returned to Europe for its third year, offering researchers and the open source community the ability to demonstrate tools they develop and use in their daily professions – live. This year's event featured 12 tools, showing off a broad assortment of tools from visualization and phishing to collaborative analysis and pentesting.
- Black Hat Europe welcomed keynote Adi Shamir, Borman Professor of Applied Mathematics at the Weizmann Institute of Science and co-inventor of the RSA algorithm. Shamir's presentation was standing room only, as he gave attendees an insider's look into his latest research and developments with a talk titled, "Side Channel Attacks - Past, Present, and Future."
- Black Hat Europe launched the Black Hat Student Scholarship Program, awarding 60 scholarships in its inaugural year. Black Hat is driven by the needs of the security community and believes in fostering the growth of the next generation of security professionals.
On the heels of this exciting week, Black Hat is getting ready for the Black Hat Regional Summit 2014, a two-day event taking place November 25-26 at the Transamerica Expo Center in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Co-located with the IT Forum Expo, attendees will experience two parallel tracks of high intensity content on the latest security research, trends and industry challenges. For more information and to register: https://www.blackhat.com/sp-14/.
Future Black Hat Dates and Events
- Black Hat Regional Summit, Transamerica Expo Center, Sao Paulo, Brazil, November 25-26, 2014
- Black Hat Trainings, Bolger Center, Potomac, MD, December 8-11, 2014
- Black Hat Asia 2015, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore, March 24-27, 2015
- Black Hat USA 2015, Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, Nevada, August 1-6, 2015
- Black Hat Europe 2015, Amsterdam RAI, Amsterdam, NL, November 10-13, 2015
About Black Hat
For more than 17 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia, and are produced by UBM Tech. More information is available at: http://www.blackhat.com.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that brings together the world's technology communities through live events, online properties and custom services. UBM Tech's community-focused approach provides its users and clients with expertly curated research, education, training, community advocacy, user-generated content and peer-to-peer engagement opportunities that serve the Electronics, Security, Enterprise IT and Communications, Network Infrastructure and Applications, Game and App Developers, and Tech Marketing communities. UBM Tech's brands include Black Hat, DesignCon, EE Times, Enterprise Connect, Game Developers Conference (GDC), HDI, InformationWeek, and Interop. Create, a UBM Tech full range marketing services division, includes custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs based on its content and technology market expertise. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. For more information, go to http://tech.ubm.com.
SOURCE Black Hat