CARLSBAD, California and SANTIAGO, Chile, Oct. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- EBD Group and ASEBIO in collaboration with ProChile and Chile Biotech present the second edition of Biolatam® international life science partnering conference in Santiago, Chile, November 16–17.
Latin America is one of the fastest growing emerging life science markets. International drug developers are increasingly targeting Latin America's emerging market and innovative capabilities in generic pharmaceuticals, clinical trials and drug manufacturing. As well, governmental support for biotechnology companies has increased dramatically over the last decade, lending to a ripe environment for life science partnering.
Biolatam aims at promoting mutual benefits between global companies and US, Latin American and European entities, to facilitate life science investments and technological collaborations.
"The Center of Excellence in Precision Medicine, or CEMP, is the result of a joint effort between the Chilean Government and Pfizer," said Gloria Maldonado, Director of Precision Medicine Center of Excellence, Pfizer Chile. "This initiative stems from our mutual interest in raising the level of applied science done in our country. At the same time, it supports the promotion of Chile as an innovation hub in terms of R&D. In its first stage, the research performed at the CEMP will focus on the field of lung oncology, seeking to validate new technology platforms for molecular diagnostics based on next-generation genomic sequencing."
"Latin America is an important location for Fraunhofer. In Chile, our Center for Systems Biotechnology has over 125 researchers, focused on the development of new products and services in food and food ingredients, aquaculture, medicine and animal health," said Wolfgang Schuch, Executive Director of Fraunhofer Chile Research. "We are now working towards establishing long term working relationships with key players in these fields, to bring our prototype products to the market."
Over 500 international executives from pharmaceutical companies, biotech companies such as health, biofuels, cosmetics, agrifood, and mining; emerging medical technology companies; established large medtech companies; venture capital, private equity, institutional firms and business angels; distributors and hospitals; and service related companies are expected to attend.
Confirmed speakers are from companies that represent the Latin American market and include:
- Belen Barreiro - Marketing Manager, INGENASA
- Arturo Covarrubias – President, ASEMBIO
- Fernando de Mora – Principal Investigator, Harvard University Medical School, Utrecht University, Southampton University
- Patricia del Portillo – Executive Director, Corporación CORPOGEN
- Gianfranco Grompone - Head, Microbiota Unit, Scientific Officer, BIOASTER
- Claudia Patricia Vaca González – Professor, Universidad Nacional de Colombia; Consultant, Health Ministry, Colombia
- Roberto Horcajada – International Project Coordinator, Inkemia IUCT Group
- María Carmen Vela Olmo – Secretary of State for Research, Development and Innovation, Spain
- Humberto Prieto – Principal Investigator, Biofrutales
- Regina Revilla – President, ASEBIO – Spanish Bioindustry Association
- Mauricio Rios-Momberg - Head, Aquaculture Biotechnology Laboratory, Fraunhofer Chile Research
- Mauricio Seigelchifer – Tech Transfer Director, mAbxience
- Katia Trusich – Vice Minister of Economy, Ministry of Economy, Public Works and Tourism, Chile
- Pilar Parada Valdecantos – General Manager, Biosigma SA
- Daniel Ramón Vidal – CEO, Biopolis
The previous edition of Biolatam was attended by 720 executives from 294 companies who came from 29 countries and engaged in 839 one-to-one partnering meetings.
Develop partnerships for accessing the fast-growing Latin American healthcare market. Register now.
Additional links and information:
Follow Biolatam 2015 on Twitter: @EBDGroup (hashtag: #BLT15).
Online Press Kit service for Biolatam 2015 is available from PR Newswire to enhance your public relations efforts.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group's partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group's conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® andBIO-Europe Spring®
- BioPharm America™
- Biotech Showcase™
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, and
EBD Group's sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
SOURCE EBD Group