SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 6, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global beef market size is expected to reach USD 383.5 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a 3.1% CAGR during the forecast period. Growing awareness regarding beef as a major source of protein is expected to drive the market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The other cuts segment dominated the global market with a revenue share of 54.7% in 2017, mainly due to increasing demand for ribs, round, chuck, plate, and flank
- Loin cut is expected to be the fastest growing segment, registering a CAGR of 3.5% from 2017 to 2025
- In terms of volume, the halal slaughter method is projected to expand at a CAGR of 2.7% over the forecast period
- In terms of volume, North America is projected to witness a steady CAGR of 2.5% over the forecast period. Awareness associated with grass-fed beef is anticipated to contribute to market growth
- Some of the key companies in the market are Tyson Foods, Inc.; Danish Crown; Cargil, Incorporated; Marfrig Global Foods S.A.; and NH Foods Ltd.
Read 117 page research report with TOC on "Beef Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Cut (Brisket, Shank, Loin), By Slaughter Method (Kosher, Halal), By Region (North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, CSA), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/beef-market-analysis
Beef and veal have higher protein content compared to chicken, pork, turkey, and lamb. Surging awareness associated with consumption of protein through high nutritional food is gaining importance among people. Meat eaters in U.S. prefer beef over other meats owing to various diseases associated with poultry and pork. These factors have been aiding market growth.
High demand from China, supported by increasing disposable income, is also anticipated to drive beef consumption over the forecast period. Favorable government initiatives pertaining to the food industry will remain an important growth factor. Recently, the government of China lifted the ban on Australian chilled and frozen food. It is expected that the government will also lift the Brazilian imports ban over the coming years. However, health hazards associated with consumption of meat and higher prices of beef compared to other forms of meat can critically impact market growth.
U.S. is one of the largest producers of beef in the global market. In the last six years, the country has seen significant imports of chilled grass beef. Demand from restaurant chains such as Burger King and McDonald's is also expected to contribute to the growth of the U.S. market.
Rise in Islamic population will trigger demand for halal beef over the forecast period. Limited supply of cattle in certain countries can lead to increase in product prices, creating imbalance in the value chain. Safety and quality benefits associated with kosher beef will trigger demand in the North America region. Enhancement in slaughtering techniques and improvement in animal feed technology are projected to create opportunities for various market participants in the value chain.
Grand View Research has segmented the global beef market on the basis of cut, slaughter method, and region:
- Beef Cut Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Beef Slaughter Method Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Beef Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central and South America
- Middle East and Africa
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Bakery Products Market – The Global bakery products market is expected to witness significant growth over the next eight years owing to rising popularity of natural, healthy and organic baked products.
- Cakes Market - The global cakes market is poised to depict a substantial growth, at a CAGR greater than 3% over the forecast period.
- Bread And Baked Food Market – The Global bread and baked food market is expected to be positively impacted by growing food demand over the forecast period.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc