MUMBAI, April 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
The wait is over.
It's a momentous day in the history of Indian television that will change how content consumption will be monitored and measured. The wait for the Industry is over, as BARC India rolls out its first set of data.
Today, is indeed a day to celebrate for the shareholder apex bodies - IBF, AAAI and ISA - to launch in 2 years what countries across the world would have taken at least 5-6 years.
Initially, BARC India will be releasing data for 1 lakh+ C&S markets with a sample size of 10,760 households. BARC India will actually monitor 12,000 sample households, using a stratified random sampling technique. This will go up to 20,000 reporting homes, with addition of the less than 1 lakh markets to represent "What India Watches".
With over 300 Channels being watermarked with this world's leading technology for measurement, BARC India relies heavily on the technology backbone.
NCCS or the new SEC system will now be the new standard, to enable smarter decision making processes. Both content planners and advertisers will find the new NCCS to be more objective as it captures the affluence parameters of a household.
Security and Vigilance is another priority for BARC India. BARC India uses as many as 28 partners across key processes within the larger framework of meter management, panel management, DQA, IT security, playout monitoring etc. Information integrity is ensured through 'the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing' principle.
For BARC India, the journey has just started as we usher in a whole new era of intelligence and analytics.
Highlights as Follows:
- Star Plus is leading Hindi GEC channel of the country (HSM)
- Zee emerges strong in Regional channels like Telugu and Marathi
- Aaj Tak is the leader in Hindi news (HSM)
- Times Now leads in English news category (All India)
- IPL days put Sony Max in strong position
- Sun TV is a dominant leader in Tamil Nadu market
- ETV Kannada is the market leader in Kannada market
- Nick is the market leader in Kids category (All India)
- Zee TV HD has the highest Time Spent followed by Sony Six HD & Colors HD across HSM.
- Discovery is the leader in the infotainment category (All India)
About BARC India
SOURCE Broadcast Audience Research Council