SANTIAGO, Chile, March 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
Banco Santander Chile informs that in the ordinary board meeting held on March 22, 2011, the Board of Banco Santander Chile agreed to summons an Ordinary Shareholders Meeting on April 26, 2011, the agenda, among other items, will include a proposition to distribute a dividend of Ch$1.519231 per share, corresponding to 60% of 2010 net income attributable to shareholders. It will also be proposed that the remaining 40% be destined to retained earnings.
As per the latest public records published by the Superintendency of Banks of Chile for December 2010, Banco Santander Chile was the largest bank in terms of assets, loans and equity. As of December 31, 2010, we had total assets of Ch$22,082,219 million (US$47.2 billion), loans net of allowances outstanding of Ch$15,215,318 million (US$32.5 billion), total deposits of Ch$11,495,191 million (US$24.6 billion) and shareholders' equity of Ch$1,831,798 million (US$3.9 billion). As of December 31, 2010, we employed 11,001 people and had the largest private branch network in Chile with 504 branches. Our headquarters are located in Santiago and we operate in every major region of Chile. The Bank's main shareholder is Santander (NYSE: STD), which controls 75.0% of Banco Santander Chile.
For more information, see http://www.santander.cl
CONTACT INFORMATION Robert Moreno Manager, Investor Relations Department Banco Santander Chile Bandera 140 Piso 19 Santiago, Chile Tel: +562-320-8284 Fax: +562-671-6554 Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.santander.cl
SOURCE Banco Santander Chile