SAO PAULO, Oct. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The main figures obtained by Bradesco (BM&FBovespa: BBDC3; BBDC4), (NYSE: BBD). in the first three quarters of 2014 are presented below:
- The Adjusted Net Income(1) in the first three quarters of 2014 stood at R$ 11.227 billion (a 24.7% increase compared to the R$ 9.003 billion Adjusted Net Income recorded in the same period of 2013), corresponding to earnings per share of R$ 3.44, and Return of 20.4% on the Average Adjusted Shareholder's Equity(2).
- As for the source, the Adjusted Net Income is composed of R$ 8.057 billion from financial activities, representing 71.8% of the total, and of R$ 3.170 billion from insurance, pension plan and capitalization bond operations, which together account for 28.2%.
- On September 30, 2014, Bradesco market value stood at R$ 146.504 billion(3), showing a growth of 7.6% over September 30, 2013.
- Total Assets, in September 2014, stood at R$ 987.364 billion, an increase of 8.8% over September 2013 balance. The return on Average Total Assets was 1.6%.
- In September 2014, the Expanded Loan Portfolio(4) reached R$ 444.195 billion, up 7.7% over September 2013. Operations with individuals totaled R$ 138.028 billion (increase of 8.6% over September 2013), while corporate segment operations totaled R$ 306.167 billion (up 7.2% over September 2013).
- Assets under Management stood at R$ 1.385 trillion, a 10.3% increase from September 2013.
- The Shareholders' Equity totaled R$ 79.242 billion in September 2014, 18.2% more than in September 2013. The Basel Capital Adequacy Ratio stood at 16.3% in September 2014, 12.6% of which was classified as Common Equity/Tier I.
- A total of R$ 3.760 billion were paid and recorded in provision to shareholders, as Interest on Equity and Dividends for the first three quarters of 2014, R$ 1.575 billion of which as paid monthly and interim dividends, and R$ 2.185 billion recorded in provision.
- The Interest Earning Portion of the Net Interest Income stood at R$ 35.043 billion, up 10.5% compared to the first three quarters of 2013.
- The Delinquency Ratio over 90 days remained stable in the last twelve months, and stood at 3.6% on September 30, 2014.
- The Operating Efficiency Ratio (ER)(5) in September 2014 was 39.9%, the best level ever recorded (42.1% in September 2013), while in the "risk-adjusted" concept it stood at 48.7% (52.5% in September 2013). It is worth mentioning that, in the third quarter of 2014, we recorded the best quarterly ER (38.5%) in the past 5 years.
- Insurance Written Premiums, Pension Plan Contributions and Capitalization Bond Income totaled R$ 38.346 billion in the first three quarters of 2014, up 8.8% over the same period in 2013. Technical Reserves stood at R$ 145.969 billion, an increase of 9.3% compared to September 2013 balance.
- Investments in infrastructure, information technology and telecommunications amounted to R$ 3.471 billion in the first three quarters of 2014.
- Taxes and contributions, including social security, paid or recorded in provision, summed R$ 18.438 billion, R$ 7.244 billion of which referred to taxes withheld and collected from third parties, and R$ 11.194 billion calculated based on activities developed by Bradesco Organization, equivalent to 99.7% of the Adjusted Net Income(1).
- Bradesco has a large Customer Service network in Brazil, with highlight to the 4,659 Branches and 3,497 Service Points – PAs. Customers can also count with 1,159 Electronic Service Points - PAEs, 49,020 Bradesco Expresso points, 31,107 Bradesco Dia & Noite (Day&Night) ATMs, and 16,946 Banco24Horas Network ATMs.
- Payroll, plus charges and benefits, totaled R$ 8.670 billion. Social benefits provided to all 98,849 employees of Bradesco Organization and their dependents amounted to R$ 2.140 billion, while investments in education, training and development programs totaled R$ 93.760 million.
- In July 2014, Bradesco's internal audit process was awarded the Certificate of Quality by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), institution present in more than 130 countries, qualified to rate and grant Certification of Quality to Internal Audits.
- In September 2014, for the ninth consecutive year, Bradesco was chosen to join the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), in the "Dow Jones Sustainability World Index" and "Dow Jones Sustainability Emerging Markets" portfolios, a short list of the New York Stock Exchange that comprises the top companies for corporate sustainability practices.
- Major Awards and Acknowledgments in the period:
- It was considered the most valuable Bank brand in Latin America and came 5th in the overall ranking among all the segments (BrandAnalytics/Millward Brown consultancy);
- Bradesco was granted the title in the category "Banks", and Bradesco Seguros in the category "Insurances", in the "Anuario Epoca Negocios 360º", ranking that listed the top 250 companies in the country (Epoca Negocios Magazine, in partnership with Dom Cabral Foundation);
- It was granted the "Technology Awards 2014", in the category "Social Media", with the case "F. Banking Bradesco - Investimentos e Credito" via Facebook; and
- For the 15th time, it appeared in the annual list of the "130 Melhores Empresas para Trabalhar no Brasil" [130 Top Companies to Work in Brazil] (Epoca Magazine, with rating by the Great Place to Work Institute).
The Bradesco Organization fully complies with best global sustainability and corporate governance practices, particularly: Global Compact, PRI (Principles for Responsible Investment), Equator Principles, Carbon Disclosure Project and Green Protocol. Our sustainability actions, strategies and guidelines are guided by best corporate governance practices. The Organization's main activities focus on banking inclusion, social and environmental variables for loan approvals and product offerings, based on social and environmental aspects. Regarding responsible management and engagement with stakeholders, we highlight activities geared towards valuing professionals, improving the workplace, client relations, managing suppliers and adopting environmental management practices. We also highlight the Organization's role in Brazilian society as one of its leading social investors, supporting education, environment, culture and athletic programs.
We point out Bradesco Foundation, which has been developing an extensive social and educational work for 57 years, with 40 schools in Brazil. Its 2014 budget is foreseen at R$ 523.434 million, of which R$ 71.095 million are intended to expand classrooms for High School restructuring and R$ 452.339 million that will allow it to provide free quality education: a) 105,672 students in its Schools, in the following levels: Basic Education (from Kindergarten to High School and Vocational Training), Youth and Adult Education and in Preliminary and Continuing Training focused on creating jobs and income; b) 370,000 students who will complete at least one of the distance-learning courses (EaD) available on the e-learning portal; and c) 21,527 beneficiaries in partnership projects and initiatives, such as the Digital Inclusion Centers (CIDs), the Educa+Acao Program, and in technology courses (Educar e Aprender). In addition to free formal and quality education, the approximately 45 thousand students enrolled in Basic Education are also provided with uniforms, school supplies, food and medical and dental assistance
(1) According to the non-recurring events described on page 8 of this Report on Economic and Financial Analysis; (2) Excludes mark-to-market effect of Securities Available for Sale recorded under Shareholders' Equity; (3) Number of shares (excluding treasury shares) multiplied by the closing price for common and preferred shares on the last trading day of the period; (4) Includes sureties and guarantees, letters of credit, advances of credit card receivables, co-obligations in loan assignments (receivables-backed investment funds and mortgage-backed receivables), co-obligations in rural loan assignments and operations bearing credit risk – commercial portfolio, which includes debentures and promissory notes; and (5) In the last 12 months.
Mrs. Ivani Benazzi de Andrade
or Mr. Carlos Tsuyoshi Yamashita
SOURCE Banco Bradesco S.A.