-- Sophisticated packages that deliver multiple functionalities will help additive manufacturers appeal to a larger audience
LONDON, May 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Growing demand for fuel across automotive and marine applications is giving a boost to the global fuel additives market. Increasing manufacturing activities along with robust economic development in Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (ROW)/emerging markets as well as higher fuel consumption with economic stabilisation in Europe and North America will guarantee a bright future for fuel additive suppliers.
New analysis from Frost & Sullivan, Strategic Analysis of the Global Fuel Additives Market (https://www.frost.com/mae3), finds that the market earned revenues of $4.13 billion in 2014 and estimates this to reach $4.58 billion in 2017. The study covers North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (ROW).
For complimentary access to more information on this research, please visit: http://ow.ly/N81kZ
Governments across the world are implementing regulations mandating the desulphurisation of fuels in order to lower emissions. Since sulphur in diesel offers considerable lubricity to the fuel itself, efforts to reduce sulphur content in the fuel will necessitate the addition of lubricity improvers.
"Significant advancements in engine technology necessitate fuels that are effective at higher temperature and pressure conditions, leading to a surge in additive consumption," said Frost & Sullivan Chemicals, Materials and Food Senior Research Analyst Soundarya Shankar. "Further, challenges in terms of ensuring the cleanliness of fuel injectors in tier three and four diesel engines are accelerating innovation within the fuel additives space."
While on the one hand demand for high-performance, premium fuel additives is following an upward growth pattern, several challenges are holding the market back:
- Customer price sensitivity, especially in Asia-Pacific and ROW
- Lack of awareness among end-users on the advantages that additives offer, such as engine cleanliness, fuel efficiency, long-term cost advantages and environmental sustainability
- The absence of regulations on fuel efficiency and sustainability in several Asia-Pacific and ROW countries
- The rising popularity of alternate fuel types such as bio-diesel, ethanol, hydrogen, natural gas and propane
"Fuel additive manufacturers will increasingly look to establish strategic partnerships with distributors in order to reach out to smaller and regional customers," observed Shankar. "Offering sophisticated additive packages, products with optimum price-performance index, and a robust customer-service model will propel fuel additive manufacturers to a position of strength in the global landscape."
Strategic Analysis of the Global Fuel Additives Market is part of the Chemicals & Materials Growth Partnership Service program. Frost & Sullivan's related studies include: Global Automotive Adhesives and Sealants Market, Global Tire Materials Market, Global Engineering Plastics Market, and APAC Automotive OEM Coatings Market. All studies included in subscriptions provide detailed market opportunities and industry trends evaluated following extensive interviews with market participants.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organisation prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Strategic Analysis of the Global Fuel Additives Market
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan