HAMILTON, Bermuda, July 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Bacardi Limited has been awarded top honors by some of the most respected media, marketing, and communications organizations for its Corporate Communications programs driving the Bacardi Good Spirited: Building a Sustainable Future global sustainability initiative.
Thousands of nominations from organizations of all sizes and in various industries are submitted for consideration in a wide range of categories. So far in 2015, the Bacardi sustainability campaign has been named the best in a variety of domestic and international categories by Ragan's PR Daily Awards, Hermes Creative Awards, American Business Awards, and International Public Relations Association.
- Ragan's PR Daily Awards, honors the best public relations and communications efforts from across the United States:
- Global Public Relations – Winner
- Corporate Social Responsibility – Winner
- Hermes Creative Awards, international awards competition for creative professionals involved in the concept, writing and design of traditional and emerging media, recognizing outstanding work in the industry:
- Corporate Social Responsibility – Platinum Winner
- Public Relations Campaign – Platinum Winner
- Internal Communications – Platinum Winner
- American Business Awards, the premier U.S. business awards program nicknamed the The Stevies™ for the Greek word meaning "crowned":
- Public Relations Campaign of the Year for Global Issues – Gold
- Public Relations Campaign of the Year for Internal Communications – Silver
- International Public Relations Association (IPRA), for quality of research, planning, execution, and results:
- International Public Relations Campaign – Winner
- Corporate Responsibility – Finalist
- Corporate Communications – Finalist
- Internal Communications – Finalist
"The global Corporate Communications team is committed to excellence in communications and it's an honor to be recognized for something we are so passionate about as a company," said Jim Gallagher, Chief Communications Officer of family-owned Bacardi Limited, the largest privately held spirits company in the world. "The program serves as a platform to engage employees, trade partners, and consumers while reinforcing that sustainability is everyone's responsibility."
The Bacardi Good Spirited sustainability campaign was designed to showcase a heritage, ingrained in the Company since its inception, to reduce environmental impact in three areas critical to making its world-class products: Sourcing, Packaging and Operations.
The Global Corporate Communications department collaborated with Global Operations to create a sustainability vision, campaign visual identity and program goals, as well as to build brand stories showcasing initiatives of some of our iconic brands including BACARDÍ rum, MARTINI vermouth and sparkling wines, BOMBAY SAPPHIRE gin and the blended Scotches and single malts produced by John Dewar & Sons.
The campaign featured videos and news releases of Bacardi employees and environmentally- conscious partners from many different countries, departments, and job functions. From site managers, packaging developers, to landscapers and blenders – employees across many countries and functions – told the story of sustainability at Bacardi.
To learn more about Bacardi Limited and its "Good Spirited: Building a Sustainable Future" environmental initiative across the entire Bacardi family of premium spirits brands, visit http://www.bacardilimited.com/good-spirited.
About Bacardi Limited
Bacardi Limited, the largest privately held spirits company in the world, produces and markets internationally recognized spirits and wines. The Bacardi brand portfolio comprises more than 200 brands and labels, including BACARDÍ® rum, GREY GOOSE® vodka, DEWAR'S® Blended Scotch whisky, BOMBAY SAPPHIRE® gin, MARTINI® vermouth and sparkling wines, CAZADORES® 100% blue agave tequila, and other leading and emerging brands including WILLIAM LAWSON'S® Blended Scotch whisky, ERISTOFF® vodka, and ST-GERMAIN® elderflower liqueur.
Founded 153 years ago in Santiago de Cuba on February 4, 1862, family-owned Bacardi manufactures its brands at 29 facilities and sells in more than 160 countries. Bacardi Limited refers to the Bacardi group of companies, including Bacardi International Limited. www.BacardiLimited.com
Amy Federman, +1.441.294.1110, firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2015 BACARDI
BACARDI, THE BAT DEVICE AND OTHER MARKS APPEARING ON THE BACARDI GROUP PRODUCTS SHOWN AND/OR QUOTED IN THIS VIDEO NEWS RELEASE ARE TRADEMARKS OF BACARDI & COMPANY LIMITED OR OF OTHER SUBSIDIARIES OF BACARDI LIMITED.
SOURCE Bacardi Limited