LONDON, March 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- With photo
- Hailo announce new business arm after hitting a new set of key business milestones; 1,000,000 registered passengers globally and the completion of 5 million UK passenger journeys
- 'Hailo for Business' will offer companies a smart, fast and on demand ride around the city
- The rise in popularity of the black cab app sees Londoners getting into a Hailo every six seconds
London's fastest growing taxi app company have announced details of a brand new service, Hailo for Business, offering a smart, fast and easy option for busy professionals in London.
The company, whose key investors include Sir Richard Branson have also announced a series of business milestones, including the completion of 5 million passenger journeys in the UK alone and 1,000,000 registered passengers globally. The new offering will see Hailo go head-to-head with established operators including Addison Lee in the business market.
In just over two years, Hailo - who were last year selected by Tech City's 'Future Fifty' programme after being recognised as one of the UK's top 25 high-growth businesses with the biggest potential are now available in 10 cities worldwide and throughout all of Ireland with plans for further expansion in the year ahead.
To celebrate the new offering Hailo unveiled a vintage Black Cab toy box in the centre of Canary Wharf, a hot spot for real-time cab bookings via Hailo. The stunt is designed to illustrate the evolution of taxi travel and the fact that Hailo quite literally puts the 'city in your pocket'.
Hailo for Business Benefits
· No more calls or booking forms - two smartphone taps and a cab is on its way
· No hidden charges - no pick-up charges and five minutes free waiting
· No getting stuck in traffic - London's biggest fleet with bus lane access. Our drivers know the back routes to get you there quicker
· Fewer opportunities of employee abuse - full control over employee access
· No nasty surprises - real-time trip info. Downloadable statements
· Say goodbye to paper receipts - centralised expense management and e-receipts. Charged to shared card
· Works when travelling too - fixed priced for airport trips and seamless experience in 14 cities worldwide
Russell Hall, Co- Founder of Hailo, said: "Forward-thinking businesses will soon be able to access Hailo's 14,000 strong black cab network. Hailo for Business offers busy professionals a simple, smart and effective way to travel around London. The future is real-time cabs; a network of reliable and knowledgeable cabbies that can pick you up within two taps, putting you in control of your journey."
Hailo is inviting forward-thinking businesses to take part in the Hailo for Business beta test. To find out more visit: hailocab.com
The Hailo app acts as a matchmaker between available cabs and would-be passengers. From any restaurant, home, office or bar in cities such as London, New York, Osaka, Toronto, Chicago, Boston, Washington, Madrid and Barcelona, as well as the whole of Ireland, you can pull out your smartphone and, with a tap, hail a taxi.
The new service - currently in beta testing - will open up Hailo's fleet of 14,000 knowledgeable drivers to forward-thinking London businesses, allowing busy professionals to make real-time bookings on the move.
Note to Editors:
A picture/s accompanying this release is available through the PA Photowire. It can be downloaded from http://www.pa-mediapoint.press.net or viewed at http://www.mediapoint.press.net or http://www.prnewswire.co.uk.