LONDON, May 3, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- SocialBox.Biz has joined forces with Aviva to help provide disadvantaged people with access to technology through its 'Laptops for the Homeless' scheme.
SocialBox.Biz, is a London-based community interest venture that re-homes old, donated computers with people in accommodation services, including homeless individuals, young people in the care system, refugees, and the elderly.
Aviva, a major UK insurer and financial services provider, is committed to supporting community initiatives and has pledged to donate its unneeded laptops to the organisation. The computers will then be used to support disadvantaged people who often have no other way of accessing digital services.
Nick Amin, Group COO for Aviva PLC says: "The work that SocialBox.Biz does on a daily basis can transform the lives of disadvantaged young people everywhere. We're delighted that Aviva is able to support this social initiative, and we look forward to supplying the team with the materials they need to make a difference."
Peter Paduh, SocialBox.Biz Founder, says: "Digital access is such an integral part of modern society. It's almost impossible to apply for a job or connect with a loved one without technology today - so SocialBox.Biz is working to do something about it. We're thrilled that Aviva is the latest organisation to join us on our mission to help more people from disadvantaged backgrounds to become better connected."
SocialBox.Biz works with accommodation and charitable organisations, to ensure that laptop handovers occur within facilities that have suitable services, such as access to the internet.
Notes to editors:
All Aviva data is removed and computers are returned to factory settings before donating, to ensure that no information is shared externally.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva's asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £331 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £470 billion.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; last year we paid £32.9 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33 million customers.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive.