LONDON, April 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
*Regional case studies/data available upon request*
Submissions deadline 24th April
Now in its last week for entries, the Aviva Community Fund is offering local community groups funding for inspirational grassroots causes. Anyone can enter their project by submitting an idea that will make a real difference to their community, those that receive the most votes will win funding ranging from £1,000 up to £25,000. 362 entries across the UK will benefit from the Fund.
The Fund was launched as research from Aviva revealed that more than four out of five (85%) of the nation's local groups and charities are not confident that they can secure their minimum funding target to remain active in the next financial year*. Further findings show that the average additional sum required to sustain the annual day-to-day running of such groups is £3,697.
Almost half (47%) of local community groups, charities and organisations across the UK believe that additional funding of £1,000 or less would suffice.
Heather Smith, Director of Aviva's UK Direct business, said:
"Until 24th April 2015, anyone in the UK can enter the Aviva Community Fund to nominate a community group, club or charity for one of 362 different awards, ranging from £1,000 up to £25,000. The different levels of funding mean that everyone has the chance to make a difference to their local community and support a cause close to their heart."
To support the launch of the Aviva Community Fund and inspire local groups, Aviva has produced three short documentaries by director and BAFTA award-winning producer Heidi Greensmith. Captured using just a smartphone, the documentaries demonstrate how anyone can use everyday technology to tell their story**.
The films - entitled 'Community' - tell the inspirational human stories of the work done by three different local groups and organisations that have previously received funding from Aviva: a boys' football club in the Outer Hebrides (http://youtu.be/ddU0BpcqYms), a Belfast charity (http://youtu.be/6v6QJy5A7dgoffering) that offers support to families affected by suicide and a Battersea inner-city activity group (http://youtu.be/Yn-xOOP4Zz4 ) for underprivileged young people.
To view Heidi Greensmith's Community films or submit a project for funding, simply visit http://www.aviva.co.uk/community-fund before 24th April.
Notes to editors:
* Polling conducted by Onepoll in February 2015, with 2,000 respondents across the UK
** All footage was captured using an iPhone 5S and iPhone 6
- Aviva provides 29 million customers with insurance, savings and investment products.
- We are one of the UK's leading insurers and one of Europe's leading providers of life and general insurance.
- We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand.
- We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes images, company and product information and a news release archive
- For an interactive introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/library/reports/this-is-aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/video/
- Follow us on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
SOURCE Aviva Insurance