- LARGEST GLOBAL PROVIDER OF MULTIPLATFORM VIDEO SERVICES EXTENDS REACH AND SERVICES
RESTON, Virginia and LONDON, March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Vubiquity, formerly Avail-TVN and it's subsidiary, On Demand Group, announced its new global brand today, highlighting the growth of the company's services portfolio and expansion into more than 77 million households in 28 countries. With the largest global footprint of any video services provider, and a broad portfolio of services that enable both content and service providers to monetize video on any device, the company has evolved its brand to better reflect the company's position within the dynamic video market.
"The multiplatform video ecosystem has changed profoundly over the last three- years, and it continues to evolve at a rapid pace," said Ramu Potarazu, Vubiquity's CEO. "Today, our content and service provider partners are focused on delivering the best quality video experience to consumers, regardless of the device they are using or where they use it. Consumers are quickly coming to expect ubiquitous viewing and Vubiquity provides our customers the breadth of services, expertise, and technologies to enable it – and we do it in more languages, in more countries, and for more content and service providers than anyone else."
Vubiquity manages more than 28,000 hours of content each month, working with more than 340 content providers and over 270 service providers. The company provides managed services that help both content and service providers to monetize their video through advertising, subscription or transaction, including:
- Video On Demand services including encoding, metadata creation and management, file management and delivery, and marketing
- Multiplatform services that support TV Everywhere and SVOD offerings for connected devices, including authentication to federated sites, ABR encoding, and profile management
- Advanced Advertising services encompassing C3 and digital ad insertion (DAI)
- Creative Services to support customers in marketing content including sophisticated production capabilities that deliver cross channel and other promotions that drive buy rates and awareness
- Data Analytics that provide content and service providers with insight into viewing behaviors and preferences, and bring a new level of business intelligence to the management of VOD and multiplatform services
Product and Services Roadmap
Over the past two years, Vubiquity has made significant investments in its platform and technology, and content rights to help its customers meet and monetize the growing appetite for multiscreen viewing. Among these milestones are: the launch of the industry's first satellite-fiber hybrid distribution platform; the launch of the ViewNow SVOD service and a nearly ten-fold increase in Avail-TVN's storage capabilities to support ViewNow's deep on-demand content libraries; and the industry's first advanced advertising insertion and marking service for streamlined DAI. In 2012, the company significantly expanded its global reach through the acquisition of On Demand Group, based in London.
Over the coming year, the company plans to introduce services for mobile platforms and cloud-based content storage, and will continue to expand its services into new territories.
Vubiquity is the largest global provider of multiplatform video services, working closely with both content owners and service providers to meet consumers' evolving demands for anytime, anywhere access to content. Through our experience, expertise, cross-industry relationships and technology platforms, we help our customers more quickly and efficiently connect to and monetize opportunity in the "connected consumer era." For more information, please visit http://www.vubiquity.com.