MUMBAI, India, August 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
• Autodesk Fusion 360 product made free for makers, creative hobbyists and SMBs working on a product that is not yet commercially available with annual revenues of less than USD 100,000
• Autodesk teams up with Fab Foundation to provide design tools to makers in India and worldwide
• NASSCOM and FICCI endorse Autodesk initiative
Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK), a world leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, announced that its cloud-based CAD/CAM/CAE software called Fusion 360 is available for free in India for makers, creative hobbyists and SMBs working on a product that is not yet commercially available with revenues of less than USD 100,000 per year. This was announced at Autodesk University (AU) India 2015, which is the company's annual event for India's design and engineering industry. Autodesk also announced that it is teaming up with the Fab Foundation to make Autodesk's cloud and mobile software available to more than 500 Fab Labs around the world and their members. There are six Fab Lab centers in India that can benefit from this collaboration.
Commenting on the announcement, Pradeep Nair, Managing Director, Autodesk, India & SAARC said, "The Makers' Movement in India is still in its infancy and will require the necessary guidance, platform and industry support to realize its true potential. Autodesk believes that the maker community and hardware startups can revolutionize Indian industry and we are taking this initiative to not only provide design tools but also an annual industry platform through AU 2015 to garner industry recognition. We hope our efforts will boost innovation in the country, promote entrepreneurship and radically change the way the world is designed and made."
Autodesk's announcement was welcomed by industry bodies such as NASSCOM and FICCI. Commenting on FICCI's participation Leena Jaisani, Senior Director at FICCI said, "We look forward to our participation at Autodesk University 2015. As India's leading forum for 3D Design, media and entertainment ecosystem, AU is a significant event to understand worldwide industry trends and share best practices. FICCI is associated with AU India from its inception and it has been very productive for us."
Fusion 360 brings CAD, CAM and CAE together in the cloud. It's an integrated, connected, and accessible platform built for the new ways that products are being designed and made. The software combines industrial and mechanical design, collaboration, and machining in a single package. It enables fast and easy exploration of design ideas for makers with an integrated concept-to-production platform. Eligible people can download Fusion 360 free-of-charge here*.
In addition to Fusion 360, Autodesk is also making available to the Fab Lab community free access and training for the following software:
• Tinkercad - Tinkercad is an easy, web-based 3D design and modeling tool for all. Tinkercad is a strong, robust and simple tool that allows users to go from imagination to design in minutes, and then connect to 3D printing services directly within the app.
• 123D Circuits - 123D Circuits is a free*† online tool that lets users design electronic projects with Arduino, create custom PCB boards and test with real-time simulation.
This software is being added to the Fab Lab inventory list and will be incorporated into the Fab Academy curriculum. Fab Labs are digital fabrication laboratories set up to inspire people - especially entrepreneurs - to turn their ideas into new products and prototypes. Fab Lab locations in India include College of Engineering, Pune, Fab Lab CEPT at Ahmedabad, Gujarat, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, National Innovation Foundation, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology at New Delhi, Delhi and Vigyan Ashram Pabal, Maharashtra.
Autodesk helps people imagine, design and create a better world. Everyone-from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists-uses Autodesk software to unlock their creativity and solve important challenges. For more information visit autodesk.com or follow @autodesk.
Autodesk is a registered trademark of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.
© 2015 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
* Free Autodesk software and/or cloud-based services are subject to acceptance of and compliance with the terms and conditions of the software license agreement or terms of service that accompany such software or cloud-based services. Software and cloud-based services provided without charge to Education Community members may be used solely for purposes directly related to learning, teaching, training, research or development and shall not be used for commercial, professional or any other for-profit purposes.
† Currently only available for retail in the United States. Apply the following code at time of check out: "123DCIrcuits_FabLab15". Expires on Sept. 13, 2015.
Media Contact: Eshan Dhar, email@example.com , +91-9643160064, Edelman India
SOURCE Autodesk, Inc