SYDNEY, May 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Australian teachers embrace open resources community - comments & reviews of classroom resources double that of global average, surges past 6 million downloads to date
- 250,000 Australian educators are now registered on the TES platform
TES Australia (http://www.tesaustralia.com), the classroom resource sharing website for teachers, today announced that it has signed up its 250,000th member and registered over 6 million downloads since its launch in 2013. The rapid growth of the network underlines how Australian educators are embracing the open classroom resource-sharing phenomenon. Australian educators are also the world's most active on the website and are twice as likely to comment and review the resources shared compared to a global average based on the 7 million strong global community who use TES platforms.
Rob Grimshaw, Chief Executive of TES Global, said: "We're delighted to welcome our 250,000th member in Australia and would like to thank the entire teaching community for their continued support and contribution to the network. We believe that teachers are the real experts in education and we're delighted to see just how much Australian educators want to share their work and experiences."
Tom Alegenourias, President of the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards NSW (BOSTES) said the resources and professional collaboration that TES provides teachers connects classrooms across the state, the country and around the world: "Teachers are increasingly accessing new digital resources and technology to improve learning outcomes, and it is great to see how many teachers have signed up to TES as this is testament to the strength and quality of the profession."
TES Australia was launched by digital education company TES Global in partnership with the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards NSW (BoSTES), the Australian Education Union and the Centre for Professional Learning. TES Global recently increased its presence in Australia with the acquisition of digital academic jobs board Unijobs.
- TES Australia services for teachers - include resources for teachers mapped directly to the Australian curriculum, a jobs board carrying a wide selection of education and teaching job vacancies, a community section where members can share ideas, look for inspiration and get advice from other teachers.
- The TES resources platforms phenomenon - There are now over 7 million teachers (or one in ten of the world's educators) now sharing over 800m resources on the global network. 6.5 million resources are downloaded from the sites globally per week, up to 10 per second.
- TES resources are increasingly seen as a credible alternative to textbooks - Research from a group of Stanford professors shows that 86% of teachers believe TES resources produce better lessons than textbooks, 81% believe they help teachers access new, innovative ways of teaching.
About TES Australia
Launched in July 2013, TES Australia was developed in partnership with the Australian Education Union, the Centre for Professional Learning and the Board of Studies New South Wales - now the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards NSW (BOSTES). Over 570,000 free teaching resources for teachers have been downloaded over 6 million times, including dedicated resources to support the incorporation of Australian curriculum into state syllabuses. TES Australia features community forums where teachers can share ideas, experiences and a jobs board which carries a wide selection of education and teaching job vacancies in Australia. http://www.tesaustralia.com
About TES Global
TES Global is a fast growing and global digital education company. Our mission is to help improve performance and standards in education by both supporting the world's teachers with a portfolio of tailored digital services and providing the world's most respected higher education data and analysis. It is home to the world's largest online community of teachers, with 7 million registered users, and the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. For more information, visit http://www.tesglobal.com
SOURCE TES Global