DUBLIN, Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/znwc45/australia_and_new) has announced the addition of the "Australia and New Zealand SCADA Market" report to their offering.
A SCADA system allows users to monitor and control various remote functions and processes by using communication links between master and remote locations. RTU is a stand-alone data acquisition and control unit. The remote station not only controls input and output of field devices, such as valves, metering equipment, and so on, but also monitors their conditions. Personal computers provide a graphical view of operations to the user and generate historical data as and when required. Programmable logic controllers (PLCs) control the output based on the input in the correct sequence. The major users of SCADA systems are the mining industry, large oil and gas refineries, power plants, and water and wastewater plants.
Key End Users:
- Mining: Includes extraction of minerals (coal, iron, gold, and so on) and related products.
- Power: Includes power-generating plants- wind, hydroelectric, nuclear, and coal-fired plants.
- Food and Beverage: Includes factories that transform livestock and agricultural products for immediate consumption.
- Water and Wastewater: Includes water recycling plants, processing/treatment plants, and so on.
- Others: Includes food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, chemicals and petrochemicals, and textiles.
This study provides information on the SCADA market across Australia and New Zealand. It discusses the major end users, the main participants who define the SCADA market and the trends influencing the industry (Drivers and Restraints). It also attempts to forecast the revenue by each end user until 2018 besides providing information on the latest developments and trends in the industry. It also identifies the different protocols companies are adhering to in order to achieve and sustain demand for their systems.
The base year for the study is 2012 and the forecast period is from 2013 to 2018.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the drivers and restraints in the SCADA market in ANZ?
- Who are the major end users of SCADA and will new users adopt this technology in future?
- Who are the major participants and what growth will the industry register in the coming years?
- What are new advancements that companies have developed to ensure SCADA security?
Key Topics Covered:
Total SCADA Market
CEO's 360 Degree Perspective
End User Forecast
The Last Word
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/znwc45/australia_and_new
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets