- gtnews announces winners in nine prestigious corporate treasury and finance categories
LONDON, July 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The online treasury resource gtnews has announced winners of the 2013 gtnews Awards for Global Corporate Treasury and Finance, recognising the corporate treasurers and teams who have done the most to contribute to the success of their organisation, wherever they are in the world.
The 2013 Awards attracted 71 entries from 53 companies covering 17 different countries. Submissions ranged from large global retailers to non-profits to municipal treasury departments, spanning nine different categories.
Topics for 2013 included a new category for financial planning and analysis, the discipline of forecasting and scenario planning that is becoming increasingly important to the financial success of global organisations.
A special Judges' Choice Award this year recognised an ambitious multi-year project to manage treasury-related risks associated with the single largest business transformation ever undertaken in New Zealand's history. The winner was Auckland Council Treasury Funding Transformation - Auckland Council.
Winners of the 2013 gtnews Awards for Global Corporate Treasury and Finance:
- Cash Forecasting Award: Reinventing Global Cash Flow Forecasting - Microsoft Corporation
- Emerging Markets Award: Transforming the CARE International Treasury - CARE, a non-profit humanitarian organisation
- Financial Planning and Analysis Award: Aligning Financial Planning to the FX Hedging Process to Achieve Optimised FX Variance Analysis - Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.
- Funding the Organisation Award: Auckland Council Treasury Funding Transformation - Auckland Council, New Zealand
- Global Treasury Award: Dynamic Layered Hedging Solution - Xerox (Ireland) Limited
- Payments Award: New Open Standard Architecture of Cash Management - Nokia Finance International
- Risk Management Award: Risk Management with Coca-Cola Hellenic - Coca-Cola HBC
- Supply Chain/Trade Finance Award: Unique LC Structure for Jindal Saw - Jindal Saw
- Treasury Technology Award: Implementing an All-in-one SaaS Treasury and Risk Management Solution - Westinghouse Electric Company
Winning entries show how corporations continue to cope with the pressures of an increasingly globalised marketplace, uneven economic recovery, debt fears in parts of the eurozone, tight credit conditions and new regulatory compliance demands.
The judging panel, headed by Peter van Rood, treasurer of AkzoNobel, included working treasury professionals from Tiffany & Co., SunGard, SABMiller plc and Merck, among other companies, who provided real-world expertise to ensure that the very best examples of great corporate treasury work were rewarded.
gtnews is part of the Association for Financial Professionals (AFP), the professional society that serves over 150,000 treasury and finance professionals worldwide. AFP is the certifying body for the Certified Treasury Professional™ (CTP™) and Certified Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis Professional™ (FP&A TM) credentials. Each quarter, AFP releases the AFP Corporate Cash Indicators™, an economic bellwether. AFP also hosts the AFP Annual Conference, one of the largest events for corporate finance professionals in the world.
SOURCE Association for Financial Professionals