DUBLIN, Aug. 25, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/k44bbg/combination) has announced the addition of the "Combination Inhalers for Upper Airway Diseases" report to their offering.
The 'Combination Inhalers for Upper Airway Diseases' report analyzes the market for combination (dual drug) oral inhalers. It assesses oral inhalation device technology for delivering multiple drugs, and evaluates product technology issues and evolving market factors. In addition the report provides detailed assessments of combination drug inhalers, their growth prospects and market potential.
This new research evaluates development-stage dual therapy inhalers and assesses likely market entry timelines. Market data and forecasts for dual drug oral inhaler products to 2022 is provided. The report includes profiles of inhaled drug product market participants, their technology, product development activity, and business strategies. Finally the report evaluates the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors on inhaled drug companies and their alliance partners.
Combination inhalers for upper airway diseases - oral inhalers containing two drugs that complement the therapeutic actions of one another - have seen a significant increase in development activity and product proliferation in the past five years. Growth is being driven by improved patient experience as derived from ease-of use (fewer devices/medications to administer) and for many patients improved control of symptoms associated with upper airway diseases. Combination inhalers most commonly consist of an inhaled corticosteroid in combination with a bronchodilator. These products are realizing significant commercial success in the two markets for which they are indicated - Asthma and COPD - both of which are forecast to grow at impressive rates for the remainder of the decade.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Orally Inhaled Corticosteroid Market Overview
3. The Upper Respiratory Therapeutics Marketspace - Therapeutic Targets for Combination Inhalers - Competing Drug Treatments - Demand Drivers - Technology Factors - Competitive Landscape
4. Asthma Market Risks and Opportunities
5. Global Patient Demographics - Regional Market Drivers - The Growing Therapeutic Need
6. Inhaler Technologies for Delivering Combination Therapies
7. Dry Powder Inhalers - DPI Formulation Technology - Characteristics and Parameters - DPI Excipients and Packaging - Metered Dose Inhalers - MDI Device Selection Criteria - Ease-of-Use Factors - Nebulizers
8. Combination Inhalers - Product Analysis, Market Data & Forecasts
9. Albuterol/Ipratropium (Nebulizer) - Albuterol/Ipratropium (MDI) - Generic Albuterol/Ipratropium Solution - Fluticasone/Vilanterol (DPI) - Fluticasone/Salmeterol (MDI) - Fluticasone/Salmeterol (DPI) - Budesonide/Formoterol (MDI) - Formoterol/Mometasone (MDI) - Umeclidinium/Vilanterol (DPI)
10. Development-stage Combination Inhalers
11. Dry Powder Formulations - Metered Dose Formulations - Nebulized Solutions
12. Therapeutic Market Assessment
13. Asthma - Demand Factors - Regional Market Factors - COPD - Demand Factors - Regional Market Factors
14. Market Factors
15. Regulatory Issues - Patient Compliance - Prescribing Trends - Healthcare Economics - Regional Market Factors - Connected Devices
16. Market Sector Company Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/k44bbg/combination
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets