DUBLIN, August 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Osteoporosis Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Markets to 2022 - Growth Driven by Rising Prevalence, Growing Awareness and Expected Launch of Anabolic Therapies" report to their offering.
The osteoporosis Asia-Pacific market will be valued at $7.7 billion in 2022, growing from $4.5 billion in 2015 at a CAGR of 7.8%.
The osteoporosis market is undergoing a gradual transition from a focus on antiresorptive therapies to anabolic drug treatment. The market is set to be driven by recently launched products, and the approval of drugs that will supplement current market leaders and offer greater therapeutic options.
The marketed products landscape comprises a wide range of treatment options, including bisphosphonates, SERMs, RANKL inhibitors, a dual-action non-bisphosphonate (strontium ranelate), calcitonins and PTH analogues. Nevertheless, significant unmet need remains for products that can improve bone formation, as well as effective antiresorptive therapies that offer increased compliance with few side effects.
The pipeline contains a range of molecule types and molecular targets, including those that are well established in osteoporosis, and novel, first-in-class therapies.
- Which molecular targets appear most frequently in the pipeline?
- Is there strong potential for the pipeline to address unmet needs within the osteoporosis market?
- Will the pipeline address unmet needs related to limited anabolic therapies for osteoporosis patients?
The market forecasts indicate that Japan will contribute the most to the Asia-Pacific market value, due to the emergence of novel therapies.
- How will the annual cost of therapy and market size vary between the five Asia-Pacific markets?
- How could changes in risk factors such as aging population, calcium and vitamin D deficiency influence the market?
Various drivers and barriers will influence the market over the forecast period.
- What are the barriers that limit the uptake of premium-priced therapeutics in the assessed countries?
- Which factors are most likely to drive the market in these countries?
1 Table of Contents
3 Marketed Products
4 Pipeline Analysis
5 Clinical Trial Analysis
6 Multi-Scenario Forecast
7 Drivers and Barriers
8 Deals and Strategic Consolidations
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t67vqr/osteoporosis
Related Topics: Endocrine and Metabolic Disorder Drugs
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets