LONDON, December 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Senior Armoured Vehicle officials are set to attend Defence IQ's Armoured Vehicles Nordic Conference in Oslo next week to explore the programmes and technology advancements shaping the future of armoured vehicle development in the Nordic Region: http://www.armouredvehiclesnordic.com
With the subtle shift towards modernising armoured vehicle mobility, survivability and diverse climate capabilities, the Armoured Vehicles Nordic conference will hear from the officers responsible for implementing this vast modernisation:
- General Sverre Diesen (Retired), Former Chief of Defence, Norwegian Armed Forces
- Major General Anders Brännström, Chief of Staff, Swedish Armed Forces
- Brigadier Stefan Andersson, Deputy Chief of Staff, Swedish Armed Forces & Commander, Nordic Battle Group, Council of the European Union
- Brigadier General Kyösti Halonen, Chief of Command Army Materiel Command, Finnish Armed Forces
- Colonel Petri Lammi, Chief of Systems Division, Army Materiel Command, Finnish Armed Forces
Armoured Vehicles Nordic will also feature an Industry Leaders Panel Discussion providing insight into areas for future investment, future challenges and future balance between military procurers, local Nordic OEMs and international industry. The Industry Leaders Panel Discussion will be led by BAE Systems Hägglunds, Patria and Saab.
Ahead of Armoured Vehicles Nordic, Defence IQ recently published the Armoured Vehicles Nordic Report detailing the major drivers, requirements and future strategy of the growing armoured vehicles market for the Norwegian, Finnish, Danish and Swedish Armed Forces. The report includes updates on:
- Norway's $1.6 billion armoured vehicles contract
- An overview of Denmark's requirement for a new armoured personnel carrier fleet
- Insights and a contentious outlook on the future strategy of Norway's armoured vehicles
- Information on Finland's $1.7 million contract
The full, free report is available for download at: http://www.armouredvehiclesnordic.com
Armoured Vehicles Nordic 2012 will be held between 11 - 13 December in Oslo and is sponsored by Acmat Defense, Aselsan, ATK, BG Nor As, Bedriftssystemer AS, FFG, General Dynamics European Land Systems, MilDef Technology Group, Rheinmetall Chempro, Renault Trucks, Volvo Defense and Artic Trucks.
Notes to Editors:
About Defence IQ
Defence IQ is a leading news and analysis portal on global defence and military-related topics. Join the 65,000-strong community now for access to articles, videos, podcasts and sector reports: http://www.defenceiq.com/join.cfm.
For further information on Armoured Vehicles Nordic 2012 contact +44(0)20-7368-9737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Defence IQ