SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 13, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
The global armored vehicle market size is expected to reach USD 36.4 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 5.4% from 2019 to 2025, according to a new study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing internal and external terrorist activities across the globe are expected to drive market demand over the forecast period. Technological advancements such as unmanned vehicles are expected to further fuel market growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- By product, the Main Battle Tanks (MBT) segment is anticipated to exhibit the highest CAGR of 5.9% from 2019 to 2025 owing to improved firing abilities of MBTs even while moving at high speeds
- On the basis of application, the commercial segment is anticipated to register the highest CAGR of 5.8% from 2019 to 2025. This growth can be attributed to increasing adoption of commercial armored vehicle by banks to transfer money
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to continue to dominate the market over the forecast period and is anticipated to reach USD 11.9 billion by 2025 owing to increase in border or terrorism threats and expanding defense budgets of countries such as India, China, and Russia
- Key industry participants include BAE Systems; BMW AG; Daimler AG (Mercedes Benz); Elbit Systems; Ford Motor Company; General Dynamics Corporation; INKAS Armored Vehicle Manufacturing; International Armored Group; IVECO; Krauss-Maffei Wegmann GmbH & Co. (KMW); Lenco Industries, Inc.; Lockheed Martin Corporation; Navistar, Inc.; Oshkosh Defense, LLC; Rheinmetall AG; STAT, Inc.; Textron, Inc.; and Thales Group.
Read 201 page research report with TOC on "Armored Vehicle Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Defense, Commercial), By Application (Main Battle Tanks, Armored Personnel Carrier), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/armored-vehicle-market
Armored vehicles are protected by layers of depleted uranium or stainless-steel and are equipped with robust weapons that combine defensive, tactical offensive, and operational mobility capabilities. Development of advanced vehicles and technologies such as unmanned armored vehicle and AI-based smart object recognition and tracking technology to be used in the military sector is expected to propel the market over the next few years.
Growing need to protect military recruits from land mines and fire is expected to drive demand for armored vehicles over the forecast period. Furthermore, demand for these vehicles is increasing in the Asia Pacific and Middle East and Africa regions owing to constant tension among neighboring countries and internal threats from rebels.
Major market players are making massive investments in research and development programs to develop new technologies and products. Enhanced protection and fuel efficiency are key aspects considered for future developments in armored vehicles. For instance, in April 2018, BAE Systems developed a new version of the Armored Multi-Purpose Vehicle (AMPV), which was equipped with mine roller systems. The vehicle is widely used for protection against improvised explosive devices.
Grand View Research has segmented the global armored vehicle market on the basis of product, application, and region:
- Armored Vehicle Application Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Armored Vehicle Product Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Defense Armored Vehicle
- Armored Personnel Carrier (APC)
- Infantry Fighting Vehicles (IFV)
- Light Protected Vehicles (LPV)
- Main Battle Tanks (MBT)
- Mine-resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP)
- Tactical Vehicle
- Commercial Armored Vehicle
- Armored Vehicle Regional Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Connected Car Market - The global connected car market size was estimated at over USD 24 billion in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 28% over the forecast period.
- Pneumatic Tire Market - The global pneumatic tire market size was USD 192.40 billion in 2014 is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period on account rising demand from automotive industry.
- Hybrid Vehicles Market - The global hybrid vehicles market is poised for substantial growth over the forecast period owing to the need for addressing consumers' needs pertaining to fuel expenditure reduction and mandatory compliance with CO2 emissions norms.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc