- Ericom's HTML5-based access technology empowers students with clientless remote access to Windows-based applications from anywhere and any device
CLOSTER, New Jersey, Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Ericom Software, a global leader in application access and desktop virtualization solutions, announced today that Antioch University have selected Ericom AccessNow and PowerTerm WebConnect to provide students with browser-based access to hosted Windows applications such as IBM's SPSS predictive analytics software.
Ericom PowerTerm WebConnect is an advanced connection broker that provides secure, centrally managed access to desktops, applications, files and content on a wide range of platforms including Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Servers) and desktop virtualization (VDI) platforms. Integrating AccessNow, doctoral students at any of Antioch University's five campuses have the flexibility to access the tools and environment necessary to conduct their research even when not on campus or in the lab. Bolstering BYOD efforts, Ericom AccessNow enables students to log in from Chromebooks, iPads, iPhones, Android devices, as well as Macs and Windows laptops and desktops.
Chancelor C. Chao, Technical Director at Antioch University, explained: "We already invested in the software and did not want to place any further burden on students." Chao added, "A lot of students use SPSS. We did not want to force them to come into the campuses to access the program; instead, we wanted to enable students wherever they are, and using any device, to be able to access the program.
After researching several options, Chao and his team opted for Ericom over Citrix and Windows Terminal Server. "The Ericom solution was simply more cost-effective, both in terms of deployment and maintenance," said Chao. Added Chao, "By offering universal access to applications such as SPSS, Ericom AccessNow and PowerTerm WebConnect enable Antioch University to deliver on promoting student-centered education."
Ilan Paretsky, Ericom Software's VP of Marketing, commented: "We are pleased to be a part of Antioch's philosophy of bringing education to the student, making learning more accessible from anywhere and on any device. PowerTerm WebConnect with AccessNow's HTML5 capabilities provides an ideal solution for extending the learning environment beyond the campus as well as for implementing BYOD programs."
Ericom AccessNow benefits include:
- Enables students to securely access the university's educational resources at their own convenience, using the devices they are comfortable with (e.g., laptop, iPad / iPhone, Chromebook, Android)
- Allows the university to optimize license agreements by virtualizing applications
- Remote access to hosted applications eliminates the need for students to purchase software or physically visit the campus lab to access them
- AccessNow's zero endpoint installation eliminates the need to configure and manage client software, significantly reducing IT support costs
- Serves as a simple, affordable, clientless alternative to Citrix and Windows Terminal Server
- Works smoothly with existing software and hardware infrastructure
For more information about Ericom AccessNow, visit:
To watch our online demo, visit: www.ericom.com/demo_AccessNow
Ericom Software is a leading global provider of Application Access, Virtualization and RDP Acceleration Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users access enterprise mission-critical applications running on a broad range of Microsoft Windows Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, legacy hosts and other systems. Ericom has offices in the United States, United Kingdom and EMEA. Ericom also has an extensive network of distributors and partners throughout North America, Europe, Asia and the Far East. Our expanding customer base is more than 30 thousand strong, with over 7 million users. For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit: http://www.ericom.com
Ericom US Contact
Ericom UK Contact
Copyright© 2014 Ericom® Software. All rights reserved. Ericom and PowerTerm are registered trademarks, and AccessNow is a trademark, of Ericom Software. All other brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE Ericom Software