LONDON, September 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Oil & Gas IQ exclusively interviewed Fivos Spathopolous, shale-gas geologist at 3Legs Resources about the difficulties of reserves estimation for unconventionals including the big shale hotspots to look out for in the next 5 years, public relations and politics.
In this interview, he states that "whereas the conventional resources were mostly found in the developing countries...the unconventional resources are mostly found in the developed world...where effectively the priorities of the local populations and the governments are not the same as the priorities of other countries."
In the course the interview, Fivos concentrates on:
- Extracting hydrocarbons from shale is a science that was born out of the end of easy oil
- The difficulty of winning the public relations battle in communities that are underpinned by shale deposits
- The importance of understanding cultural sensitivities and establishing two-way communication between companies and communities
- How countries dependent on carbon-heavy power generation methods could look to shale as part of a lower carbon energy mix
- None of the current movements in unconventionals would be possible if oil were below $40 per barrel
- The potential of gas hydrates as the biggest source of energy worldwide
This interview was prepared in collaboration with the upcoming 10th Annual Global Reserves Summit, taking place 29 - 31 October 2012 in London. This content forms part of the regularly updated event resource centre, which also includes:
- Interview with Satinder Purewal, Technical Director and COO of Energy Equity Resources about the novel reserves estimation techniques and the applications of the PRMS reserves document.
- Article about From Play To Reserve - Estimating Unconventional Hydrocarbons
Find the full program, event details and registration information about the Global Reserves Summit at http://www.globalreservessummit.com/unconventionals, call +44(0)20-7036-1300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media contact: Nishkala Thiru, +44(0)20-7368-9725, Nishkala.Thiru@iqpc.co.uk or visit http://www.globalreservessummit.com/unconventionals
Press are invited to attend this important industry forum, if you would like to a complimentary press pass please email Nishkala Thiru Nishkala.Thiru@iqpc.co.uk
SOURCE Oil & Gas IQ