DUBLIN, October 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Intelligence at the Edge - An Outlook on Edge Computing" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
Manufacturing, across the globe, is at the brink of a revolution. Advances in technologies are not only making manufacturing effective, but are enabling work to be "smarter".
The focus of this research on edge analytics is to analyse the industrial manufacturing market from a technology standpoint. The report could be extremely helpful to the current set of market participants, which are looking at understanding what revenue opportunities can be obtained from the market and how to position themselves as thought leaders in this space.
This report will also serve as a major point of reference for all other market participants that are unaware of the immense benefits of edge analytics or are on the verge of making a move towards adopting the technology.
What drives the need for edge computing and analytics?
Performance Requirements: Industrial IoT solutions often require rapid data insights. The transmission of large volumes of raw data increases latency; this is sometimes not even feasible due to poor or underpowered network connections. There are some cases where low latency is a requirement.
Opportunities for Data Pre-processing:
Many a time, all the data generated by the solution is transmitted to the cloud for processing. Instead of sending raw data, transmission of processed data from the edge to the centre makes more sense.
Distributed Applications: As applications such as smart grids and pipeline monitoring could have high levels of distribution, edge analytics may be more suitable in this space.
This research aims to identify the various drivers and restraints impacting data analytics in the industrial manufacturing market globally. It sheds light on some of the key initiatives by competitors such as ThingWorx, IBM, and Honeywell.
Key questions the study will answer:
- What is the significance of edge computing in manufacturing and why?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and challenges that the industrial manufacturing market is currently facing in terms of IIOT adoption?
- What is the competitive landscape for edge analytics? What are the innovative solutions offered in the market?
- Are there any successful use cases of edge computing in the market?
- What are the growth opportunities for industrial edge analytics?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
2. Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) - A Research Perspective
- IIoT - Emerging Themes in the Industrial Environment
- IIoT - Key Attributes of a Smart Factory
- Value Proposition in IIOT
- Research Scope and Objective
- The Key Questions that this Study will Answer
3. Discovering Edge Analytics for Manufacturing
- What is Edge Analytics?
- Industrial Analytics Revolution
- End User Verticals - Applications in Various Industries
- Demystifying Edge Analytics
- Analytics over Cloud and Edge - A Comparative Analysis
- Edge Analytics Ecosystem - Market Mapping
- High Performance Manufacturing - Factors Driving Adoption
- Roadblocks to Adoption of Edge Intelligence
- Understanding the Business Criticality of Edge Computing
4. Models for Edge Computing
- Models for Edge Computing
- Stages of Adoption of Edge Technology in Industrial Manufacturing
- Descriptive Analytics - Data Mining and Manufacturing Intelligence
- Predictive Analytics - Forecasting Trends and Data Patterns
- Prescriptive Analytics - Simulation and Optimization
5. Global Market Outlook and Competitive Analysis
- Global R&D Initiatives in Edge Analytics
- The Era of Edge Intelligence (2016-2020)
- Prominent Market Participants
- Vendor Analysis with Industrial Perspective
6. Edge Analytics - SWOT Analysis
- Edge Analytics in Manufacturing - SWOT Analysis
7. Edge Solutions to Watch
- SAS and Cisco Partnership - Edge-to-Enterprise IoT Analytics Platform
- Intel and Greenwave Provide Real-time Edge Analytics
- Itron Riva - Next-generation IoT Solution by Itron
- DELL Edge Gateways
8. Game Changers in the Industrial Edge Analytics Market
- Honeywell Partners with IBM and Niagara for Industrial Application
- Cisco and IBM Partner for IoT Edge Innovation
- Foghorn Systems Optimizes Power of Edge Technology
9. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity 1 - Partnerships and Collaborations
- Growth Opportunity 2 - Data Intelligence
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
10. The Last Word
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b4bf22/intelligence_at
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets