LONDON, January 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Film & TV Subscription Service Experiences Record-breaking Year
Amazon's LOVEFiLM today announces that they have reached two million subscribers driven by a record number of sign-ups in the fourth quarter of 2011. The Amazon-owned service added hundreds of thousands of new customers that now have access to LOVEFiLM Instant, which provides a unique offering of instantly streamed film and TV series, combined with the vast selection of DVD, Blu-ray and Video Game rentals. This is the fastest customer growth rate LOVEFiLM has experienced since 2009.
LOVEFiLM also announces the introduction of an unlimited streaming-only package which provides access to films and TV shows via LOVEFiLM Instant for an introductory price of £4.99 per month. Customers can access the LOVEFiLM Instant digital service through a range of devices including PlayStation®3, Xbox, iPad™ and a variety of other internet enabled devices.
LOVEFiLM members also benefit from LOVEFiLM Instant video-on-demand exclusivity in numerous major titles such as The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, The Dark Knight and hundreds more that have transformed traditional pay-tv windows. In the past twelve months alone LOVEFiLM has added digital content from a broad base of providers including major studios, distributors and networks such as Sony, Warner Bros., Entertainment One, STUDIOCANAL, BBC and ITV.
Simon Calver, CEO of Amazon's LOVEFiLM, commented:
"Customers tell us they love LOVEFiLM because of the value, choice and innovation we offer in subscription film and TV entertainment. We offer customers an unparalleled range of titles, including exclusively available blockbusters, with over 70,000 DVDs, Blu-rays, films, TV shows, Video Games and streaming alternatives conveniently available for customers to watch in the location of their choice. Our two million members can look forward to us adding even more world class content, in a variety of formats, to be delivered across an ever expanding range of digital platforms."
Links to editors
Amazon's LOVEFiLM partners with ITV in major TV streaming deal
Notes to editors
- LOVEFiLM is an Amazon company and is the leading European film subscription service with over 2 million members in the UK, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway
- In February 2011 LOVEFiLM was acquired by Amazon EU SARL
- LOVEFiLM members can enjoy the benefits of DVDs delivered straight to their door with LOVEFiLM By Post and streaming films online via LOVEFiLM Instant
- LOVEFiLM Instant is available on over 175 Internet-enabled devices including PCs, PlayStation®3, iPad®, Xbox 360, plus a growing number of Blu-Ray players and Internet-connected TVs including Sony, Samsung and Cello
- LOVEFiLM is available for one low monthly price - with no late fees
- Titles are also available to everyone on a pay-per-view basis via LOVEFiLM Box Office
- Members can choose from a selection of over 70,000 titles available across Blu-ray, DVDs, video games and instant streaming
- LOVEFiLM offers a range of video games rental options in the UK market to support gaming across Xbox 360, Xbox, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®2, Wii and DS
- LOVEFiLM members have generated over 80 million film ratings and written more than 843,000 reviews
- For additional information including a breakdown of packages visit http://www.lovefilm.com