ALTAVE OMNI Aerostat, a new crime prevention solution launching at Eurosatory, Defence & Security International Exhibition Paris, June 13- 17, 2016
SAO JOSE DOS CAMPOS, Brazil, June 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- An innovative solution to prevent terrorism and other criminal activities will be utilized during the 2016 Olympic and Paralymic Games in Brazil this year. Security authorities responsible for safeguarding the Olympics have chosen ALTAVE's new ALTAVE OMNI Aerostats as the key technology for crime prevention. Four ALTAVE OMNI units will fly 200m above the ground at all four Olympic venues, permanently observing all activities. The ALTAVE OMNI will be on exhibit at Eurosatory, the International Exhibition for Defence & Security held in Paris, June 13 – 17.
ALTAVE OMNI is the first wide area persistent surveillance aerostat ever developed for civilian application.
With growing concerns about terrorism and criminal acts, especially at international events, the ALTAVE OMNI Aerostats were selected due to their unique ability to prevent, detect and quickly investigate suspicious acts:
- 6m size aerostats floating continuously at 200m above the ground are intimidating to potential terrorists or criminals
- Captures imagery of more than 120 MPixel per frame (60 times a Full HD resolution or 15 times a 4K resolution!), 3 frames per second
- Extraordinary capacity of real-time detection for multiple users - up to 6 users can watch different parts of the full captured image, as if they were independent Pan, Tilt & Zoom cameras
- Provides forensic investigation for multiple users - up to 2 users who can locate an event by time and GPS coordinates and track backwards and forwards to understand the facts
- Covered area of up to 40 km2, all the area all the time – even if the users are zooming into a specific area, all of the area is recorded for future access
- Up to 3 days continuous flight, after which a small amount of helium replenishment is required
- Mobility to transport all items in a trailer and change launch sites
- Low operational costs when compared to any other flying platform
Contract information & values
The total contract value granted to ALTAVE was approximately US $8 million and included all items required for the 4 systems to operate, such as the aerostats, winch systems, tethers, trailers, optronics, imaging processing servers, energy supplies, software and training.
The project was developed under hash requirements and deadlines, making a total of 6 months from signing to delivering 4 field-tested units, ahead of schedule.
For additional information or interviews:
Bruno Avena de Azevedo
Address: Praca Marechal Eduardo Gomes, 50, Incubaero – Sala 05 – Campus do CTA. Sao Jose dos Campos / SP.
Press Kit, High resolution Photos & Videos Available