PHILADELPHIA, August 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Elsevier Proud to be Used in the Best Hospitals Once Again This Year
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, continues to provide clinical solution products and services to all hospitals that achieved Honor Roll status in the U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals and Best Children's Hospitals.
The Best Hospitals Honor Roll has been revamped for 2016-2017 to take into account both the national rankings and procedure and condition ratings. While the Honor Roll continues to recognize exceptional performance in specialized, high-complexity inpatient care, it also has evolved to reflect the safe, efficient and appropriate delivery of all kinds of care, from birth to end-of-life.
Highlighted results for the 2016-2017 rankings include:
- For the Best Hospitals category, 20 hospitals qualified for a spot on the Honor Roll by ranking at or near the top in 16 specialty rankings and nine procedures and conditions, such as colon cancer surgery, lung cancer surgery, heart bypass surgery, and hip and knee replacement surgery, among others.
- For the Best Children's Hospitals category, 11 hospitals were named to the Honor Roll that ranked the highest in three or more specialties such as cardiology and heart surgery, diabetes and endocrinology, cancer and nephrology, among others.
"Elsevier Clinical Solutions provides healthcare professionals with the tools they need to address the needs of clinicians and patients at every stage of the patient journey," said Lee Rivas, President, Elsevier Clinical Solutions. "We are proud that our portfolio of solutions continues to be trusted and used in the nation's best hospitals, according to the U.S. News & World Report rankings, to provide exceptional care and maximized outcomes for their patients."
Elsevier Clinical Solutions provides at least one product or service to each Honor Roll hospital, including the Mayo Clinic, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, and New York-Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell. The majority of institutions on the lists use more than one Elsevier product or service.
More than 20 million healthcare professionals are served by Elsevier, which is also responsible for more than one quarter of all medical content created globally. The products and services of Elsevier Clinical Solutions range from pharmaceutical and medical reference to patient engagement, including:
- Reference & Decision Support - helps physicians, nurses and pharmacists make better decisions by giving them fast, easy access to the information they need; covers a broad range of disciplines and specialties - including medical, surgical, drug information, nursing content and visually oriented specialties such as radiology and pathology; intuitive search technology makes it simple to find relevant, trusted content.
- Clinical Practice - drives collaborative, patient-centered care by implementing and integrating evidence-based content directly into EHR/EMR systems and clinical workflows; care planning, orders sets, clinical documentation, and integrated drug information promote utilization of care guidelines and avoidance of duplicative or unnecessary tests and treatments, and medication-related injuries.
- Learning and Competency Management - tracks knowledge acquisition and competency with performance management tools, skills and procedures; develops and maintains a high performing team, ensuring consistent top performance in patient care and administrative management through evidence-based, interactive education.
- Patient Engagement - promotes stronger patient relationships by engaging, educating and empowering patients with the same evidence and content accessed by their care providers, but presented through patient-friendly delivery of interactive and easy-to-use tools.
- Professional Practice Services - promotes speed-to-value and maximizes ROI by accelerating EHR integration; deepens and broadens adoption, collaboration and practice transformation by collaborating with our industry experts to develop a roadmap to success.
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make ground-breaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress. Elsevier provides web-based, digital solutions - among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Elsevier Research Intelligence and ClinicalKey - and publishes over 2,500 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and more than 35,000 book titles, including a number of iconic reference works. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. http://www.elsevier.com
Director, Corporate Relations, Elsevier
+1 917 704 5174