- Alcatel-Lucent's VoLTE platform recognized for innovative approach to serving customers as part of the 20th Global Mobile Awards
PARIS, March 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has been recognized as a leader in IP communications when a key element of its VoLTE platform, the Converged Telephony Server, received the award for "Best Mobile Network Product for Serving Customers". Announced at the GSMA's 20th Global Mobile Awards ceremony during Mobile World Congress 2015 in Barcelona, the award recognizes the critical role Alcatel-Lucent's VoLTE plays in the world's largest commercial networks, paving the way for new service innovation and commercialization beyond VoLTE.
Key Facts about Alcatel-Lucent and VoLTE
- Alcatel-Lucent's virtualized VoLTE platform provides advanced communications services, including crystal clear high definition voice and video, IP messaging and content sharing, while simultaneously allowing ultra-broadband with LTE.
- Alcatel-Lucent VoLTE enables convergence across fixed, cellular and WiFi networks, for consumer and business subscribers.
- By providing easy access to native APIs and WebRTC, Alcatel-Lucent is helping service providers and third-parties innovate with communications by creating specialized applications that unlock new user experiences and open up new vertical markets.
- As part of MWC 2015, Alcatel-Lucent:
- Provided a virtualized VoLTE platform that enabled Telefonica to demonstrate LTE video-calling over its UNICA infrastructure.
- Conducted the world's first public demonstration of VoLTE/VoWiFi service interaction including handovers using an end-to-end virtualized network.
- Collaborated with Summit Tech to demonstrate the world's first VoLTE/RCS connected car, and with Phonedeck's mobile CRM application to show blending mobile voice with SalesForce.com.
Bhaskar Gorti, President of IP Platforms at Alcatel-Lucent, said: "This is a significant honor for Alcatel-Lucent and underscores our leadership in the VoLTE market. We won this award based on our ability to successfully execute the world's largest live VoLTE deployments while also enabling service providers to launch new innovative applications with embedded contextual communications to drive commercial success."
John Hoffman, CEO, GSMA Ltd., said: "Our warmest congratulations to all the winners of the 20th Global Mobile Awards. Our winners are in the esteemed company of the mobile innovators, pioneers and leaders that have won these coveted awards over the last two decades, many of whom have been game-changers in transforming the way that the world communicates."
- Global Mobile Awards 2015, press release, http://www.gsma.com/newsroom/press-release/winners-2015-global-mobile-awards/
- Global Mobile Award, photograph, https://flic.kr/p/rfqjij
About Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU)
Alcatel-Lucent is the leading IP networking, ultra-broadband access and cloud technology specialist. We are dedicated to making global communications more innovative, sustainable and accessible for people, businesses and governments worldwide. Our mission is to invent and deliver trusted networks to help our customers unleash their value. Every success has its network.
For more information, visit Alcatel-Lucent on: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com, read the latest posts on the Alcatel-Lucent blog http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/blog and follow the Company on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Alcatel_Lucent.