DETROIT, October 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
Stratview Research announces the launch of a new market research report on Aircraft Gaskets Market by Aircraft Type (Commercial Aircraft, Regional Aircraft, Helicopter, Military Aircraft, and General Aviation), by Application Type (Airframe, Landing Gear, Wheels & Brakes, Engine, and Others), by Material Type (Polymer Gaskets, Metal Gaskets, Composite Gaskets, and Conductive Gaskets), by End-User Type (OE and Aftermarket), and by Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World), Trend, Forecast, Competitive Analysis, and Growth Opportunity: 2019-2024.
This market report, from Stratview Research, studies the aircraft gaskets market over the trend period of 2013 to 2018 and forecast period of 2019 to 2024. The research report provides detailed insights on the market dynamics to enable informed business decision making and growth strategy formulation based on the opportunities present in the market.
Aircraft Gaskets Market: Highlights
A gasket is a mechanical seal that fills the space between two mating surfaces that seals and isolates an enclosure. Gaskets are used in multiple areas of an aircraft to serve a wide array of functions, such as environmental sealing purposes, pressure retaining, vibration damping, fire-resistant or fireproof, and EMI/RFI shielding. Gaskets in the aircraft industry are exposed to a wide range of challenging and operating conditions, such as high-temperature and -pressure, aggressive chemicals, weightlessness, high frequency of oscillation, threat of fire, and explosion. Hence, it becomes necessary to select a sealing material that can handle such harsh and extreme environments. The most commonly used materials for making gaskets are metals, composites, conductive, and polymers. The latter comprises elastomers, such as silicone, fluorosilicone, polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), rubber, and thermoplastics.
As per an indepth study conducted by Stratview Research, the global aircraft gaskets market is projected to grow at a healthy rate over the next five years to reach US$ 249.5 million in 2024. Increasing production rates of key aircraft programs, such as B737, B787, A320, and A350XWB; increasing demand for fuel-efficient aircraft; advancement in gasket materials; and rising global aircraft fleet size are the major factors mushrooming the growth of the market.
The research's findings suggest that commercial aircraft is expected to remain the largest and fastest-growing segment of the market during the forecast period. Increasing demand for commercial aircraft to support rising air passenger traffic, increasing production rates of key programs, such as B737, A320 family, B787, and A350XWB; market entry of new players, such as COMAC and Irkut; introduction of variants of existing best-selling aircraft programs, such as B737 max, A320neo, and B777X; and rising commercial aircraft fleet size across regions are the key factors propelling the demand for gaskets in the commercial aircraft segment.
Based on the application type, the market is segmented as airframe, landing gear, wheels and brakes, engine, and others. Airframe is expected to remain the most dominant segment of the market during the forecast period. Gaskets are used in a wide array of airframe applications including fairings, antennas, wings, doors, windows, hatches, fuselage, canopies, and access panel, leading to its dominance in the market.
Based on the material type, polymer gasket is expected to remain the largest segment of the market during the forecast period, whereas composite gasket is expected to witness the highest growth during the same period. There has been an incessant replacement of metal gaskets with composite gaskets, owing to their excellent strength-to-weight ratio at a relatively low weight.
The key players in the aircraft gasket market are Eaton Corporation Plc., Esterline Technologies Corporation, Freudenberg Group, Hutchinson SA, Meggitt Plc, Parker Hannifin Corporation, Compagnie de Saint-Gobain S.A., and SKF Group. Development of optimized aircraft gaskets, regional expansion, and execution of mergers & acquisitions are the key strategies adopted by the major players to gain a competitive edge in the market.
This report provides market intelligence in the most comprehensive way. The report structure has been kept such that it offers maximum business value. It provides critical insights on the market dynamics and will enable strategic decision making for the existing market players as well as those willing to enter the market. The following are the key features of the report:
- Market structure: Overview, industry life cycle analysis, supply chain analysis.
- Market environment analysis: Growth drivers and constraints, Porter's five forces analysis, SWOT analysis.
- Market trend and forecast analysis.
- Market segment trend and forecast.
- Competitive landscape and dynamics: Market share, product portfolio, product launches, etc.
- Attractive market segments and associated growth opportunities.
- Emerging trends.
- Strategic growth opportunities for the existing and new players.
- Key success factors
This report studies the gaskets market in the global aircraft industry and has segmented the market in five ways, keeping in mind the interest of all the stakeholders across the value chain. Following are the five ways in which the market is segmented:
Aircraft Gaskets Market, By Aircraft Type
- Commercial Aircraft (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
- Regional Aircraft (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
- Helicopter (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
- Military Aircraft (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
- General Aviation (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
Aircraft Gaskets Market, By Application Type
- Airframe (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
- Landing Gear, Wheels & Brakes (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
- Engine (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
- Others (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
Aircraft Gaskets Market, By Material Type
- Polymer Gaskets (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
- Metal Gaskets (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
- Composite Gaskets (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
- Conductive Gaskets (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
Aircraft Gaskets Market, By End-User Type
- OE (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
- Aftermarket (Regional Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW)
Aircraft Gaskets Market, By Region
- North America (Country Analysis: The USA, Canada, and Mexico)
- Europe (Country Analysis: Germany, France, the UK, Russia, and Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Country Analysis: China, Japan, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- Rest of the World (Sub-Region Analysis: Latin America, the Middle East, and Others)
Stratview Research has number of high value market reports in the global aerospace & defense industry. Please refer to the following link to browse through our reports:
Click Here for Other Reports from Stratview Research in the Aerospace & Defense Industry
Some of our other premium market reports in the aerospace & defense industry:
Global Aircraft Seals Market by Aircraft Type, by Application Type, by Motion Type, by Function Type, by Material Type, and by Region, Trend, Forecast, Competitive Analysis, and Growth Opportunity: 2017-2022
Aircraft Aerodynamic Seals Market by Aircraft Type, by Application Type, by Material Type, by Motion Type, and by Region, Trend, Forecast, Competitive Analysis, and Growth Opportunity: 2018-2023
About Stratview Research
Stratview Research is a global market intelligence firm providing wide range of services including syndicated market reports, custom research and sourcing intelligence across industries, such as Advanced Materials, Aerospace & Defense, Automotive & Mass Transportation, Consumer Goods, Construction & Equipment, Electronics and Semiconductors, Energy & Utility, Healthcare & Life Sciences, and Oil & Gas.
We have a strong team of industry veterans and analysts with an extensive experience in executing custom research projects for mid-sized to Fortune 500 companies, in the areas of Market Assessment, Opportunity Screening, Competitive Intelligence, Due Diligence, Target Screening, Market Entry Strategy, Go to Market Strategy, and Voice of Customer studies.
Stratview Research is a trusted brand globally, providing high quality research and strategic insights that help companies worldwide in effective decision making.
SOURCE Stratview Research