ANCONA, Italy, October 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Aethra Telecommunications and ADTRAN will demonstrate the first G.Fast Reverse Powered Fiber-to-the-Distribution-Point multi-port systems at Broadband World Forum 2014. ADTRAN will demonstrate one of its 500G series G.fast Distribution Point Unit (DPU) systems featuring the Aethra Telecommunications patent pending Reverse Power Sharing technology. This will allow operators the possibility to fully rely on the benefits of the Fiber-to-the-Distribution-Point (FTTdp) architecture with Reverse Power Feeding.
The Aethra Telecommunications Reverse Power Sharing technology is the result of Aethra Telecommunications pioneering experience on the Fiber-to-the-Distribution-Point architectures and Reverse Power Feeding technology:
- ultra compact size design, with minimized space occupation of the powering subsystem
- full G.Fast fiber like gigabit speeds, with zero impact of reverse powering on G.Fast performances
- perfect power balancing between the users "at-DPU-side", regardless of the distance between the user and the DPU
- optimized power efficiency, in order to offer the possibility to still be able to power the entire DPU with just one RPF
- total separation and independence of each one of the lines
- full self install system according to the FTTdp paradigm and safety regulations in the home of the customer
- digital monitoring and management of the line status
An ADTRAN 500G series G.fast DPU and the Aethra Telecommunications RPS8 Reverse Power Sharing modules will be demoed at the Amsterdam Broadband World Forum 2014 Oct 21-23 at ADTRAN stand E30 and Aethra Telecommunications stand G50.
For more info
About Aethra Telecommunications
Aethra Telecommunications is the commercial brand of A TLC srl.
Aethra Telecommunications develops, manufactures and markets high performance network access devices and carrier solutions.
Innovation and research are the core of Aethra Telecommunications' approach to the market. Aethra Telecommunications' solutions are entirely designed in Italy and the R&D, engineering and support departments have more than 40 years' experience in telecommunications.
With an installed base of broadband CPEs exceeding 400 thousand units, Aethra Telecommunications product portfolio of VoIP integrated access devices, xDSL access routers and EFM ethernet demarcation devices is designed to provide advanced and cost effective solutions to Small/Medium Enterprises as well as branch offices of large Corporations.
The access network product lines are complemented by a set of solutions targeted to help carriers in deploying NGANs, by offering either copper-based remote powering systems for FTTCab architectures or complete solutions addressing the upcoming FTTdP scenarios.
ADTRAN, Inc. is a leading global provider of networking and communications equipment. ADTRAN's products enable voice, data, video and Internet communications across a variety of network infrastructures. ADTRAN solutions are currently in use by service providers, private enterprises, government organizations, and millions of individual users worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.adtran.com.
SOURCE Aethra Telecommunications