MEXICO CITY, Feb. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Grupo Aeromexico, S.A.B. de C.V. ("Aeromexico") (BMV: AEROMEX), the largest global airline in Mexico, today announced its unaudited results for the fourth quarter and full year 2013.
FOURTH QUARTER 2013 RESULTS
- The Group reported a 71.8% increase in operating profit, year-on-year, for a total of MXP $634 million. Aeromexico achieved an operating margin of 5.9%; 2.2 percentage points greater than the same period last year.
- Fourth quarter adjusted EBITDAR reached MXP $2.1 billion; a 26.4% increase compared to the prior year. The adjusted EBITDAR margin increased 2.8 percentage points to 19.6%.
- Net income in the fourth quarter reached MXP $385 million. Aeromexico reported a MXP $601 million in net benefit in the fourth quarter 2012 due to the sale of a 20 percent stake in PLM, the subsidiary which manages the Group's loyalty program. Eliminating this effect, fourth quarter of 2012 net income was MXP $10 million.
- Grupo Aeromexico's fourth quarter 2013 revenues reached MXP $10.7 billion; an 8.7% year-on-year increase.
- The cost per available seat kilometers (CASK) excluding fuel decreased 5% year-over-year in the fourth quarter, representing the fourth consecutive quarter with a year-on-year decrease in CASK excluding fuel.
- The Company added four new aircraft to its fleet: two Boeing 787-8, one Boeing 767 and one Embraer-190, while three Embraer-145 aircraft were retired. Grupo Aeromexico's operating fleet therefore consisted of 117 aircraft as at December 31, 2013.
- The Group's On-Time Departure Performance for 2013 reached 87.7%; a 7.7 percentage point improvement compared to 2012.
Andres Conesa, Grupo Aeromexico's CEO, commented: "2013 was known for its challenging economic environment, but we nevertheless succeeded in achieving very strong results during the fourth quarter. On the operational front, we again improved profitability for the fourth consecutive quarter by reducing the cost per ASK (CASK) to be increasingly competitive."
About Grupo Aeromexico
Grupo Aeromexico, S.A.B. de C.V. is a holding company whose subsidiaries are engaged in commercial aviation in Mexico and the promotion of passenger loyalty programs. Aeromexico, the largest airline in Mexico, operates more than 600 daily flights from its main hub in Terminal 2 at the Mexico City International Airport. Its destinations network features more than 80 cities on three continents, including 47 destinations in Mexico, 17 in the United States, 13 in Latin America, three in Europe, two in Asia and one in Canada.
The Group's fleet of more than 115 aircraft is comprised of Boeing 787, 777, 767 and 737 jet airliners and next generation Embraer 145, 170, 175 and 190 models. In 2012, the airline announced the most significant investment strategy in aviation history in Mexico, to purchase 100 Boeing aircraft including 90 MAX B737 jet airliners and 10 B787-9 Dreamliners.
As a founding member of the SkyTeam airline alliance, Aeromexico offers customers 1,000 destinations in 178 countries served by the 19 SkyTeam airline partners rewarding passengers with benefits including access to 530 premium airport lounges around the world. Aeromexico also offers travel on its codeshare partner flights with Delta Air Lines, Alaska Airlines, Avianca, LAN, TACA and TAM with extensive connectivity in countries like the United States, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia and Peru. www.aeromexico.com www.skyteam.com
SOURCE Grupo Aeromexico S.A.B. de C.V.